Posting about Fraud

Hello Webmaster

My name is Art Lee and I am AACA member #4111011.

I had posted a fraud alert on the AACA forum  regarding Kevin Gray, owner of East Coast Appeasers who took $1,000.00 for an appraisal job. and then disappeared, My posting was deleted

I definitely do not expect the AACA to get involved in such cases, however I believe it is  the interest of all fellow AACA members to be notified when a firm or individual takes money for goods or services and then disappears without providing those goods or services.

These type of people will continue to defraud others members since there are no consequences for their actions

I would have hoped that I had been warned before dealing with Mr. Gray.. I had researched including google searches and there were no  warning of what happened to me

What is the AACA's policy regarding Fraud and reporting fraud to other members

Art Lee
Randolph, NJ

Copy canceled check to Kevin Gray.pdf

East Coast Appraiser.pdf

Art,

Forum rules state:

"You agree, through your use of this private forum, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive or provoking tone, containing vulgar or profane language, threatening, harassing, hateful, sexually oriented, or containing personal attacks, or that are considered offensive of otherwise inappropriate by the moderators will be deleted. Certain conduct could result in revocation of AACA membership as outlined in the AACA By-Laws. Forum users unwilling to comply with the requests of the moderators or who ignore these guidelines will be banned. Moderators reserve the right to limit the time that a thread may be run. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this forum."

As moderators of this forum we decide if a post meet the forum rules.

Feel free to escalate your concerns on moderation issue to the National Office or Board of Directors. The moderators will abide by their direction.

Hello Mr. Gariepy

Thank you for responding. I respect and will abide by the rules of the AACA forum.  I also respect that forum moderators are volunteers and I appreciate their contribution of their time and effort.

I believe my posting complied with the rules you show above stating “You agree, through your use of this private forum, that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive or provoking tone, containing vulgar or profane language, threatening, harassing, hateful, sexually oriented, or containing personal attacks, or that are considered offensive of otherwise inappropriate by the moderators will be deleted.”

My posting stated that I had hired Mr. Gray owner of East Coast Appraisers based upon credentials he provided to make an appraisal of several cars. It further stated that a retainer payment of $1,000.00 on November 1, 2015 and that   Mr. Gray failed to provide the appraisal and would not return phone calls, emails, fax and respond to a certified letter. Supporting documentation was provided as an attachment on the posting so other members could make their own decision on my claim. My basis for the post was to warn other members what had occurred so this does not occur to them. I believe it proper and appropriate to warn other members about misrepresentation and I wished I had been warned before I engaged East Coast Appraisers. Mr. Gray certainly has the opportunity to comment and in fact I had previously notified Mr. Gray (by certified mail) that lack of response would result in my action to notify others in the antique/classic car community of his actions

Respectfully
Art Lee

• Like 1