1929 stutz blackhawk speed roadster

Guest motoscott

Guest motoscott

Found the car in a warehouse but need to know how to tell its original. The seller says for sure it is. But its a high price to pay and want to be sure. Any help will be appreciated.

Neat car, it is a Blackhawk 6, built by Stutz. Sort of like how LaSalle was a smaller version of Cadillac. While rare and some what desirable it is no where near in demand as a Stutz eight. The car looks very nice, that shade of yellow was popular that year. Value is MUCH LESS than a Stutz eight. Good luck!

I am not a Stutz expert, nice looking car, everything looks correct.  The question is how much, could be a great deal, maybe not?  The part I like is you can do some clean up and have a nice driving car without spending  lot of money on restoration.  Would be nice to know when it ran last.  Restoration could be $75K to $150K, that would be a lot more.

That's a very nice car.   Looks like a 1970's or 80's restoration.  Looks completely authentic to me.  It even has the more desirable 1928 Zenith 105 brass carb instead of the 1929 pot metal one that falls apart.  All that car probably needs is the brakes & fuel system gone through, a quick polish job & off to the show field you go.          

I thought I had seen this car somewhere before.   

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351193159301?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

On this e bay listing, enlarge the picture of the Reo & look at the car next to it in the background.   It's the same Blackhawk.

Check out the hairdo on the woman standing behind it.   That photo must have been taken in the late 60's or early 70's. So, the Blackhawk in question has a 40 plus year old restoration on it that has held up pretty well in my opinion.            

Guest AlCapone

I thought I had seen this car somewhere before.   

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351193159301?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

On this e bay listing, enlarge the picture of the Reo & look at the car next to it in the background.   It's the same Blackhawk.

Check out the hairdo on the woman standing behind it.   That photo must have been taken in the late 60's or early 70's. So, the Blackhawk in question has a 40 plus year old restoration on it that has held up pretty well in my opinion.

You are indeed very observant. Very commendable ! Wayne