65 Rivi GS Springs

Guest fuzz

I'm restoring a 65 GS and want to put in the HD springs.  Any recommendations on a source?  I've seen many folks that are selling springs, but have yet to see any that are advertising the HD-2 springs.  Thanks in advance. Tim

OK.  I've been mostly reading, researching and watching.  Not sure though how to go about "introducing" myself though.  I bought a project matching number GS this summer and started in on it a month ago.  Lifted the body a couple weeks ago and striped the chassis down.  Had a guy come media blast for 2 days straight.  The body and  panels are at a shop now being primed.  The frame is in my shop.  I've completed painting it and the other parts and am now starting to re-assemble.   Here goes... :D  

Coil Spring Specialties in St. Mary's, KS

This is who a lot of us have used. Cool people to talk to. Use the search feature & you'll find tons of info.

Congrats on the Riv purchase

Welcome aboard

Yes post pix & start a "build thread"

Just a suggestion but I'm no one special :)

I've been away for a while but I learned early on that people here are on first name basis.

• 2 weeks later...

I called the folks from Coil Spring Specialties last Tuesday, told them I wanted to order the Heavy Duty springs for my 65 GS.  They told me it would be 2-3 weeks, but on Friday they showed up!!  Here's my question, does anyone know how long the springs should be?  They're 2 inches shorter than the ones that were on the car.  The ones that were on it did seem to bow quite a bit.  The shipping label and packing slip both say 65 Rivi GS HD on them so I'm assuming they're correct.  I hope so, I put them on the car Saturday!  I now have a rolling chassis.   

I don't have an answer to your question. But if u scroll thru my build thread u will find a pic of my old springs next to my new springs. Probably look same as yours.

I learned that Gran Sport springs were -1" & stiffer (500# spring rate vs 400# non Gran Sport) from the factory. So I asked for CCS to make mine minus an additional 1" for a total of a 2" drop.

Sorry, prob not much help huh