dodge brothers tire removal

Guest Evo

thanks guys for the info its a 28 fast four,

where can i get a rim splitter that will work?

all so if the wheels are unsafe to use what other wheels can i look into that will fit??? thanks guysss

post-155015-0-58929200-1448572283_thumb.

You can go to Ebay and type in "vintage rim spreader" and find some examples for sale. Be certain that the one you get will shrink the rim down far enough to get the tire off. Look closely at the dimensions and if there are none, ask the seller to give you some. Maximum and minimum spread dimensions are needed.

See item #151887325930 on Ebay for an example.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Lots of my 21" DB rims (26-27) have that type lock as did 28-29 Vic 6 and DA, though more than a couple different types as well. The earlier DB rims used a tongue and notch system as do some of my 21's. Just use a drift and hammer to knock the pins out AFTER letting the air out! The holes on the side of the rim are for an over centering tool to collapse and expand the rim. No, I don't have that tool. Wish I did. However, I quit using a rim jack and just collapse the rim in, remove the tire, tube etc, replace everything and push and pry the rim back in place, replace pin and air up. I also put the tires I am inflating underneath a car so if they decide to blow apart they will be safely contained. Unless of course one doesn't mind tearing their face or head off! These are OLD parts. I have came out in the morning to find wheels or rims separated overnight because of fatigued or rusted steel. One in particular was on my son's 24 roadster spare. It had a split the rim at the bottom, lock ring still intact and in place. Disc wheel itself failed. That was about 4-6" below waist level, I will let you picture where that would be, just glad I wasn't leaning over it to get something from the trunk when it let go!

Dave

• Like 1