shipping

NC-car-guy

OH MY WORD.  This is just overwhelming.  Anyone have any recommendations?   I've gone through all the big websites such as uship, movemycar, etc etc.  I get all brokers!  The method confuses the h*** out of me and then I read the reviews online and am further lost for what to do.  Any one have a good or bad experience they could share to help me figure out how to manage this?

Brokers are the WORST.  I'll never use one again.

Give Intercity Lines a call - they run their own trucks and they are very reliable. 

oh wow, they only run enclosed transport,  this car is not of that high quality.  I'll get the quote just for shock value.  Thanks!

edit:  they couldn't quote it as they do not run that route

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

As a reference for DIY hauling, A U-Haul Auto Transport trailer will run you just over $300 for 4 days usage.  Budget also rents car trailers, but they don't do trailer rental only, you've got to rent a truck with it; combo. will set you back about $700-$800.  I'll be hauling my '50 Special down to VA from MA the week after Christmas.  Can't wait to get back to work on it!!

I used a car dolly to move a 31 Buick from Portland OR to central CA.  A half ton PU should do the job without the trailer weight.

Yea i've tow dollied a few cars/ trucks with my truck and it went fairly well.  But an 800 mile trip?  Hmmmm  not like I can just drop the drive shaft,  I'd be worried about any damage I might cause.

Yea i've tow dollied a few cars/ trucks with my truck and it went fairly well.  But an 800 mile trip?  Hmmmm  not like I can just drop the drive shaft,  I'd be worried about any damage I might cause.

My trip was over 675 miles from WA to CA.  My Dad drove the car for over 10 years with no rear end or driveline problems.  The car is now in Houston and still going strong.

That is do-able.  The steering wheel could be lashed to prevent spinning.  Just keep in mind that the front tires are right up front of the vehicle. The rear tires are a few feet in from the rear bumper. So you just want to be certain there will be clearance between the rear of both cars in the turns.

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)

Your car can be transported for $500 in the least, but as it is in excellent condition you'd better use enloused car hauler that may cost $899 from Chicago, IL to Durham, NC.

Ummm   I've already got the shipping set up and it's a project car so open transport was fine for me.