MrEarl

MrEarl's Old Buick Barn

Thank you gentlemen, and some day I may even start turning wrenches to the right :unsure::rolleyes:

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 10:07 AM, Kosage Chavis said:

Pure Buick heaven.  I myself had the pleasure of seeing all this in person.  Where is your new thread for your progress on the new garage?

Me too!!!!

Do I  need to swing by in April and document your progress on the new facility ? I say that because from what I saw last time, it's gonna be much more than a garage.

Mike in Colorado

• Like 2

Why Grasshopper, you and your lovely wife are always welcome, as are anybody else here. I should  be finishing up electrical and starting insulation 'bout then so a couple extra hands will come in handy :o :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Why Grasshopper, you and your lovely wife are always welcome, as are anybody else here. I should  be finishing up electrical and starting insulation 'bout then so a couple extra hands will come in handy :o :D

Just remember, that the black wire goes to the brass screw............

See ya'll in mid April.

Mike

PS; going to Las Vegas for the "Shot" show in mid January. Will try to hook up w/ Las Vegas Dave then.

Big Buick show in Denver 2017 ? Will try to get the "Baby" over that way too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alsancle said:

Why do the Buick guys all have the best looking car barns?

'cause the Buicks themselves need so little work.

Said grasshopper as he prepares to  pull the head, for a stupid frost plug.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FLYER15015 said:

'cause the Buicks themselves need so little work.

Said grasshopper as he prepares to  pull the head, for a stupid frost plug.

If I lived closer, I would bring coffee and donuts.  And help?

Ben

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Mr. Earl has made a lot of progress in the past couple months!  Lamar, you need to post some more photos, why you making Bob do it? :-)

'cause ol' cod ain't got nothin else to do I reckon, ? me on the other hand....frame out interior walls, electrical, insulation, finish out walls, install cabinets....and put 3 fittyfo's back together. Been meaning to start a new thread, guess I need to make some time to do that. Retirement, huhhh never worked so hard in my life. Never been so broke neither... ?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, First Born said:

If I lived closer, I would bring coffee and donuts.  And help?

Ben

Make 'em chocolate covered, 1 sugar, 1 cream. 

Actually for the record, about a month or so ago I did try to start a " My Buick Sales and Service Garage" thread and kept getting the -200 error message on half the pictures I tried to upload. Tried it again just now and 9/9 failed . ???

• Like 3

Mr Earl , first time I've seen your photos , awesome!

paraphasing you 

It was never just a hobby , it's a life!

cheers

pilgrim

• Like 1

On 2/27/2017 at 8:06 PM, progoofoff said:

He knows some stuff

Not what ya know, but rather what ya act like ya know and just DO. Right Willie? 😏

And thanks for posting this Bob and your appreciation of what I've gotten done. 🙏

• Like 3

I'm curious about how much of this you drew out and planned in advance of the work?  It's so well proportioned and the colors just seem to work.  Do the double doors have a galvanized metal clad or is that a painted wood?

It's very classy and I can't wait to see more of it.

Thanks Joel, I really appreciate that. Once the picture upload issues are resolved I'll start another thread. I've been taking pictures all along. 

Winterville!?! I'm only about two miles outside the city limits of Winterville, heading toward Hull. I use to take my 54's to the V in the early days but got tired of all the Fords and Chevy's and muscle cars. Love Wagoneers, tried to talk my wife into buying one years ago by telling her how good she would look driving one, dint work. What color is(are) yours, wonder if I ever met you on Cherokee Rd. 😄