Anyone heard of a Dodge Brothers K72 3 ton truck?

oldiron806

Guest Old Dodge

The official reply from the Michigan SOS was, "your request cannot be granted due to the age of the vehicle and time since it was last known to be registered." The letter also mentions that they only keep records for 15 years, so the oldest search they could do would be 2001 records. The truck has been in the family without a title since late fall of 1959.

I am in the thumb of MI.

SOS website.

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1585-28744--,00.html

It mentions microfilm, so I assume it goes back farther than 15 years. I think they are backtracking title number transactions and not vehicle numbers which is why you're out of luck.

If you can find any old registrations that might help.

I'm in Port Huron and I'd love to come check out your truck someday.

Guest Old Dodge

Hi old Dodge

What kind of material do you have? Like to compare notes. We have a Library as big as a one car garage of the Mopars from to teens to 94. Very few states did the engine for the vin#.

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

I have a lot of old trucks and many of them have Michigan titles registered with the engine number.

I'll give you a call sometime soon if you want to discuss libraries and compare notes.

Kevin

SOS website.

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1585-28744--,00.html

It mentions microfilm, so I assume it goes back farther than 15 years. I think they are backtracking title number transactions and not vehicle numbers which is why you're out of luck.

If you can find any old registrations that might help.

I'm in Port Huron and I'd love to come check out your truck someday.

I will give this a try. I am actually in the Sandusky area. I plan on having the K72 out during the Thumb Festival, the last weekend in June. It will be at the antique tractor show at Tri-County Equipment. Maybe we can meet up then. You didn't happen to buy a 1955 1.5 ton at an auction back in Oct '13. It is supposedly somewhere around Avoca. Edited by oldiron806 (see edit history)

Dave,

I have a lot of old trucks and many of them have Michigan titles registered with the engine number.

I'll give you a call sometime soon if you want to discuss libraries and compare notes.

Kevin

That would be cool. We have a lot of Dodge history dating back to the teens. A collection of 40 years. Looking forward to it. My number is 209-613-1199. Thanks

Dave

Guest Old Dodge

I will give this a try. I am actually in the Sandusky area. I plan on having the K72 out during the Thumb Festival, the last weekend in June. It will be at the antique tractor show at Tri-County Equipment. Maybe we can meet up then. You didn't happen to buy a 1955 1.5 ton at an auction back in Oct '13. It is supposedly somewhere around Avoca.

I didn't know about that auction until I passed by it on my way to a wedding but...

fast forward a year later and a guy stops by my shop on his way to the scrapyard with the truck. I paid the same price as scrap. Its actually bigger than 1-1/2 ton and yeah, its got a Hemi.

This is the '55 that I was referring to. My dad came home from the hospital in this truck. The truck was only a few weeks old when dad was born in Feb. It was the first truck that grandpa bought new. The other one in the background is the '52 Dodge. They were both liquidated when my dad's sisters sold off the family treasures. The only reason he didn't bid on the '55 was that the '34 K72 was the next truck and he was scared about how high he was going to have to bid.

post-155350-0-52641000-1454031830_thumb.

• 2 years later...