widest Cadillac ever built

• 5 years later...
Guest SASSYSUE

i see that this hasnt been answered so i will take a crack at it. i dont know what the widest caddy ever built was but i believe the longest one ever was the 1959 eldorado convertible. i think that one was 25+ feet long. does someone else want to add some info to this?

While the 59s may look 25 feet long, I don't think that they are quite - I hauled one in my enclosed trailer for my brother's boss and my trailer is only 24' long and there was room on both ends. It was rather wide though, seems like I couldn't open the doors when the car was in the trailer. My 34 V16 is over 20 feet long, not sure how wide it is.

I know the overall width on a '60 Pontiac is 80.4 inches. Can't imagine the Caddy being much less. I believe the 59-60 cars are the widest ever built. Length is a whole other story - you have factory limos and coachbuilt limos and hearses out there.

A Krause Standard Catalog, either the postwar American Cars (I think it's 1940-1975) or the Cadillac book should have the overall length and width figures for all the postwar cars - they may have some prewar data too, it all depends what the authors could find when they put the chapters together.

Guest imported_CarFreak

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i see that this hasnt been answered so i will take a crack at it. i dont know what the widest caddy ever built was but i believe the longest one ever was the 1959 eldorado convertible. i think that one was 25+ feet long. does someone else want to add some info to this? </div></div>

The 59 standard car is 225" long. Fleetwood 75 Limo is 245" long. Tread width is about 62.5"

(Widetrack Pontiacs had a 64" tread width, Olds had a 61" tread.)

The 76 Fleetwood Brougham is 233" and the Fleetwood 75 Limo is 252" long on a 151" wheelbase (I used to have one as a daily driver - it's big but still too small for 2 kids) I don't know the overall width but the 76 has a 63 1/2" tread width.

So my vote would be 76 Cadillac as widest and longest. BUT I could be wrong. Anybody have anything to add?

• 1 month later...