Please help me identify this vehicle?

Guest Sam's1967

Guest Sam's1967

Hi folks, I recently went by the junk yard and located what appears to be some sort of Chrysler.  Can you please help me identify the year and model of the vehicle as well as size of the engine? I was able to pull the alternator bracket, compressor mount bracket and the power steering brackets for the vehicle.  Was the set up just used on this particular vehicle or other models and years? If so, any info would be greatly appreciated. 

Also, is it worthwhile to pick up the compressor (kinda pricey) and there is a 99.9% chance that it needs a rebuild.  

post-154299-0-76989400-1446433579_thumb.

post-154299-0-15958700-1446433601_thumb.

post-154299-0-40788400-1446433607_thumb.

post-154299-0-19214300-1446433880_thumb.

Edited by Sam's1967 (see edit history)

Guest Sam's1967

Thanks for the info,  I looked at some images of a 62 and it looks like a 62 New Yorker. 

I took a look at a VIN Locator that I found on the net:

http://www.lhmopars.com/vin62-65.htm

It appears to have been a taxi?

Also, any info on whether the parts that I pulled will work on other years and models??  

If it is a 413 then it is a raised deck like the 440. So everything should interchange with other high deck engines.

With the compressor off of the engine look at the front of the engine on the drivers side.

There will be a machined surface near where the head meets the block near where the hold down for the intake gasket is.

If that machined surface is horizontal it is a high deck, if it is at an angle it is a low deck.

If it is a low deck there may be a difference in the compressor brackets.

It is very difficult if not impossible to see this machined surface with the compressor in place.

Unless you are going for a 100% original restoration I don't think I would spend to much on a used junk yard unit.

Guest Sam's1967

If it is a 413 then it is a raised deck like the 440. So everything should interchange with other high deck engines.

With the compressor off of the engine look at the front of the engine on the drivers side.

There will be a machined surface near where the head meets the block near where the hold down for the intake gasket is.

If that machined surface is horizontal it is a high deck, if it is at an angle it is a low deck.

If it is a low deck there may be a difference in the compressor brackets.

It is very difficult if not impossible to see this machined surface with the compressor in place.

Unless you are going for a 100% original restoration I don't think I would spend to much on a used junk yard unit.

Below you will find some additional photographs.  Hopefully this helps re whether the engine is a "raised deck"

Also, I was wondering what years/models the hood hinges will fit off of the 62 New Yorker?

post-154299-0-26452300-1446966314_thumb.

post-154299-0-16670200-1446966315_thumb.

Edited by Sam's1967 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...