ISO Crow Elkhart

Yes, John.  I have a family connection.  The company was founded by my wife's great-great-grandfather.  No one in the family had the forethought to keep at least one over the years.  It would mean so much to me and my family to get one back in the family for my kids, and future generations, to enjoy a piece of family and automobile history.

My ultimate goal is to acquire enough of them to establish a museum dedicated to the Crow-Elkhart in Elkhart, IN where the company was founded.

Thanks for asking.  I love sharing that story.

Bobby

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My ultimate goal is to acquire enough of them to establish a museum dedicated to the Crow-Elkhart in Elkhart, IN where the company was founded.

Bobby, your museum should include an Elcar or two.

Though those may not have any family connection for you,

the townspeople in Elkhart I'm sure would love having an example

on display, if there aren't any already.  I've never seen an Elcar.

Your idea for a museum sounds interesting. 

I live in neighboring South Bend and I recall the S Ray Miller museum in Elkhart. As I remember, it housed approximately 40 very nicely restored cars. Emphasis was on cars built in Indiana as well as Elkhart although there was a wide array of other Marques represented. If memory serves me correctly, there was an Elcar and maybe an Elkhart or maybe a Crow-Elkhart. I think there were three cars manufactured in Elkhart represented. I did not go to the sale in 2004 but often wondered how far and wide the collection was scattered. In my opinion, it was a great loss for the Elkhart community.

Gary

Edited by g-g-g0 (see edit history)

I live in neighboring South Bend and I recall the S Ray Miller museum in Elkhart. As I remember, it housed approximately 40 very nicely restored cars. Emphasis was on cars built in Indiana as well as Elkhart although there was a wide array of other Marques represented. If memory serves me correctly, there was an Elcar and maybe an Elkhart or maybe a Crow-Elkhart. I think there were three cars manufactured in Elkhart represented. I did not go to the sale in 2004 but often wondered how far and wide the collection was scattered. In my opinion, it was a great loss for the Elkhart community.

Gary

Thanks for that info Gary.  I'll have to have family in that area poke around to see if they can find out anything about that collection and what may have happened to those cars.

Bobby

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 1916 Crow-Elkhart project car. I have a Virginia title for it. It has a touring body and a tulip body. The Lycoming engine was overhauled before I got it. One of the two transmissions is assembled (one is a spare).  I have an original owners ànd an original acquaintance manual for it. There are many extra parts for it. It took four of us an hour to load everything.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Steamcar said:

I have a 1916 Crow-Elkhart project car. 

The original poster will love to hear of that possibility!

You might try sending him a Private Message, since

it should also go to his e-mail address.  It's too bad

he didn't leave any contact information in his postings.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...