Maybe it is a sickness but................

Guest Skyking

Guest Skyking

I just had to buy it!  I used to own a SS convertible and gave it to my brother in 1978.  My son came across this one parked in a lot coming home from Stafford Springs swap meet................  New top, new interior and rust free!  283 automatic. Drives great!

N4BosQl.jpgBx1OIvF.jpg61xAAJ7.jpg15RGw6n.jpg

Guest Skyking

Very nice! Any plans for it?

Thanks Bleach, the paint looks like maybe an old Earl Scheib at best and so/so on the bodywork.  Next spring I'll probably do a repaint on it and change the wheels, put in some power steering and disc brakes.  

Guest AlCapone

A great reward to yourself and anything but a sickness ! A reward for the hard work and dedication you have dedicated to raising a family. A just reward as we too often only pay attention to others and not ourselves. Congratulations, Wayne

Thanks Bleach, the paint looks like maybe an old Earl Scheib at best and so/so on the bodywork.  Next spring I'll probably do a repaint on it and change the wheels, put in some power steering and disc brakes.  

Sounds like great plans. In the meantime enjoy the wheels off of it as you'll be changing them anyway.

Guest Skyking

From the pictures, it looks like the top and seats

were done nicely. If the car is with you in Florida,

you're just entering the "sweet spot" of the old-car season!

Congratulations on your new purchase, Skyking.

Thanks John, but unfortunately I'll have to wait for spring to enjoy the car with the top down.  I'll be in Florida without the car this winter but maybe next year I'll ship it there for the 5 months................

I always wanted one of those. It makes my heart beat faster just looking at it. Many decades ago I had a beat up four door version of your Chevelle. For reasons that I never understood, it had traction in the Minnesota snow better than any other car I had ever owned. (Please don't drive yours in the snow, however.)