H & H Flatheads Any Feedback on them?

lincolnmatthews

Just wondering I'm considering sending my V-12 down to them. I guess they do a lot of V-8's has anybody ever used them? or heard of anything.

The deal fell thru on the old Packard Clipper so I'm going to rebld the motor on the 42 Conti, then I'll have a good driver???.

Depending what they install on the rebld its about 6k+ for a complete overhaul, which I didn't think to bad. Of course thats reusing intake manifold, carbs, distributor etc, which doesn't matter as these are all in good shape.Thanks!

Thank you for the replies! I will check with Mr. Smith out of GA when I get closer to pulling the engine. Actually I will call him 1st & get a time frame, & a "ballpark" price. Thanks again! Sorry for your troubles with H & H Mr. CD Johnson Jr. sounds like one should avoid them, (although this is only one neg feedback, percentage wise its not to good!) like mentioned earlier I should be on the Ford site where they've done more overhauls.

Thank you for the replies! I will check with Mr. Smith out of GA when I get closer to pulling the engine. Actually I will call him 1st & get a time frame, & a "ballpark" price. Thanks again! Sorry for your troubles with H & H Mr. CD Johnson Jr. sounds like one should avoid them, (although this is only one neg feedback, percentage wise its not to good!) like mentioned earlier I should be on the Ford site where they've done more overhauls.

they have very good record with v8 and 4 cylinders but struggled with mine

I used  Pierce Service Company Punta Gorda, Fl. 941 639 2956.  I supplied all parts from Earl Brown and he was very reasonable on labor.  His Dad started flatheads in 1932 and he was recommended to me from The Early V-8 club. I just got back from Mirror  Lake Classic show and it preformed great.  I used the heavy duty oil pump and ran 50 on the highway in OD and idled 20   Lee