* STOLEN - TITLES MODEL T & MODEL A'S at HERSHEY AACA MEET

Guest Oddlee

*STOLEN On Friday at 3:00 Chocolate field as we were covering up for the storm a man walked off with a binder of 200+ Model T & Model A titles. A police report was filed with the Derry Township Police Dept. with the mans description.This was a 46 year collection of Model T & Model A titles. I have a complete list on the computer of all of them. Any HELP or information on these would be truly greatful. A REWARD is also be offered. If anyone finds one or a group of Model T & Model A titles please let me know or the Derry Township Police Dept., They could be one of the stolen ones & you could be buying stolen property. He can also return them all & I will drop the charges. I have been a lifetime AACA member since I was a teenager & never meet a bad person til now. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

That was a dumb thing to steal. Not that I am saying people should steal anything but of all the things in that whole swap meet he took what is probably the easiest to trace. Criminals really are idiots. Good luck finding them. And to the thief, may you have a long life and only one car... a Cadillac Cimarron. 

Wow, I have been attending Hershey since 1968 and didn't think about theft at the flea market.  On friday morning I overheard a vendor tell someone that when he took off the cover on one of his tables almost everything was gone. What's happening to our hobby?

Wow !  I'm disappointed and sorry to learn of this theft.

Please remember that not everyone who roams the Flea Market is necessarily an AACA member.

The event is open to the public.

The thief could be just about any low-life, looking to take advantage of a situation, such as packing up for the rain, or talking with another person.

Guest AlCapone

As Craig says these things will sooner or later hit the open market! Hopefully at that time. The low lifer will have his picture published across the country! And for those of you looking for a title, you better. Be careful! Wayne

That was a dumb thing to steal. Not that I am saying people should steal anything but of all the things in that whole swap meet he took what is probably the easiest to trace. Criminals really are idiots. Good luck finding them. And to the thief, may you have a long life and only one car... a Cadillac Cimarron. 

Stealing is not good and the thief should be punished, but I think a Cadillac Cimarron is cruel and unusual punishment.

Wow, I have been attending Hershey since 1968 and didn't think about theft at the flea market.  On friday morning I overheard a vendor tell someone that when he took off the cover on one of his tables almost everything was gone. What's happening to our hobby?

ebay has happened.

Of course selling them there would be idiotic but who's to say the thief isn't an idiot. Besides... even if the thief does try this, does anyone really think the police or ebay will do anything about it?

For the same reasons most of us search ebay for odd bits and pieces, thieves love it because it is the most efficient way of disposing of ordinarily worthless (to the general public) items.

Yep! Whats happening I dont know.

My first Hershey was 1969 !

First problem ever.

Its great if you scanned them into your computer.  At least you have record of them! 

I would alert the various Ford Model A and Model T clubs of this, as someone will no doubt be trying to sell them off.

Craig

Will do they were on my list of contacts.

Thanks

Could've sworn I replied to this topic before, but maybe not...?

At any rate, very sorry they were stolen & hope they are found safe'n'sound.....!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"Chances that a fool takes, never knowing when to stop" __ Johnny Lee __ 'You Could've Heard A Heart Break'