1936-1937 Cord Clock For Sale

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting this for sale, a very nice clock, and I've always loved the design, with hours inside dial and minutes outside dial.

I believe the above comment is directed toward asking price.  I appreciate that anyone who owns a specific item can ask what they wish, but there's asking price, then there's market price.

I hope you find a good home for the clock, to someone who needs it, but my opinion is that market price is in the 10% to 20% range of what you're asking.  Just my opinion, of course...

Thanks for you opinion! I routinely get $200-$300 for clocks on cars worth 20-30K. To me, they are investments and though it may take time to sell them, they usually sell. They are simply that hard to find. This is the first Cord clock I have ever come upon, and it is immaculate. Its a calculation, I do this for business, not for good will, but Im also glad you see the value in my offerings.

best wishes!

Don't get me wrong, it's great the offerings that you have, but to value one piece of a car based on the pricing of a 100 or 400 point fully restored open car is not reasonable.  I think you'll find that your clock is a $300 to $500 item, regardless of the value of a finished car.  More or less complete Cord dash panels, with instruments, have sold for less than what you're asking for one instrument.

Understand that it's your business, it's just my opinion.  I do hope it finds a good home...