1930 Studebaker President Convertible

Guest JonasGreveDK

Guest JonasGreveDK

Hi AACA

I have a quiet stunning collection of old American cars. 
Here's the list:

1. LOCOMOBILE 48, 7 PRS. LIMOUSINE,                1917

2. PACKARD, CABRIOLET DE VILLE, LeBaron       1928

3. STUDEBAKER PRESIDENT, 7 PRS. TOURING,   1930

4. STUDEBAKER COMMANDER, CABRIOLET,       1929

5. CHRYSLER IMPERIAL, TOWN SEDAN,                1931

6. PLYMOUTH PC, BUSINESS COUPE,                    1933

7. BUICK STD., 4 DOORS SEDAN,                            1928

8. BUICK 90, 7 PRS. LIMOUSINE,                             1934

9. BUICK SPECIAL, 4 DOORS SEDAN,                     1937

Our family has any joy of the cars anymore and therefore we are looking for the right buyer or the right place to sell the cars?
Do you know where or who to contact?
The cars are in quiet good condition. All original. 

Hope to hear from you! 

Jonas, Denmark

post-154982-0-32485000-1444254833_thumb.

post-154982-0-17852200-1444254881_thumb.

post-154982-0-34338200-1444254931_thumb.

post-154982-0-86067000-1444254979_thumb.

post-154982-0-80686300-1444255033_thumb.

post-154982-0-00722900-1444255100_thumb.

post-154982-0-95579600-1444255178_thumb.

post-154982-0-48521500-1444255237_thumb.

Jonas,

Quite a wonderful collection of well-preserved American cars. I really like the first two, the 1917 Locomobile and the 1928 Packard, though I am not in a financial position to buy them.

Some thoughts on selling them. It would be great to take them to an American location to sell, but the transportation costs would use up too much of the money, with no guarantee of high prices. Consider using the:  www.prewarcar.com  website to market them. The ads they have reach a large number of people both in Europe and the U.S. Another possibility is to contact Johannus Dagevos and ask his advice. He knows oldtimer cars and lives in Kattendijke, Denmark. I have met him at the AACA Hershrey Swap Meet and he is a member of the Peerless Motor Car Club (he owns a 1929 Peerless Six-61). I will give you his contact information on a private message.

Jeff Brown

Salmon, Idaho

Very impressive collection. I am interested in finding out the serial number (on the left front frame rail) of that '30 Studebaker President touring and also the body number from the firewall. Was it imported into your country when new or in more recent times? Did not see a photo of the Commander cabriolet.

Jonas : Let me be the first (or perhaps second by the time I post this), to compliment you on your magnificent collection of American Iron ! Wow ! Those cars look like they will clean up very well indeed. Look too nice to restore. If I had more time and $ , I would cut you a check for the lot ! Then retire to your delightful civilized country to enjoy the fringe benefit of a ready made garage full ! Almost 50 years ago I spent many months off and on in Denmark , but could only afford a Citroen 2 CV back then. ($100 , wish I still had it , of course.)

It is not often such an opportunity occurs. Everyone will be very curious as to the mechanical condition. We're they all running ? What effort was made to lay them up for long term dormancy ? I see jack stands. How long has it been since any/all have been started/driven? It would be a very good idea to have as complete photographic file as possible on each car. Interior , several exterior angles , and engine , and undercarriage. I suspect you will have a relatively easy time finding new owners to pamper and enjoy what your family has preserved. Some of those cars are easily worth repatriating. Maybe I should buy just one of them , and take one last Continental tour ! For me , it would be the Packard , the Chrysler , or the Buick 90 ! What a pleasant thought ! - Carl

Guest JonasGreveDK

Hi All, 

Carl, thank you so much for the compliments. It makes me so glad. Thanks. 

I have been busy replying the private messages. So I will make it short. 

Jeff: Thank you for the contact information in private. 

Studeq: You are more than welcome to write me and private message and I will give you the info. But I will not put it online for everybody to watch. Hope you understand. 

Best, 

Jonas, Denmark