1957 Buick Roadmaster Convertible- Wichita, KS- Not Mine- Ebay Ad

High Desert

My 76C VIN is 7D4026981, which means it was built in Kansas City as car 26,981 and had about 23,174 built after it according to the Standard Catalog of Buick. With the sequence beginning at number 1001, this car was probably right in the middle of the run; January perhaps.

• Like 1

gotta be crazy to pay $40k  for this  roadmaster that needs total restoration  ... thats way too expensive !!

...this  57 special convertible . that needs total restoration is more realistically priced at $12k..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272005798987?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Yes perhaps, but it is a Roadmaster and it is still a much better car to start with than this Special.

My 76C VIN is 7D4026981, which means it was built in Kansas City as car 26,981 and had about 23,174 built after it according to the Standard Catalog of Buick. With the sequence beginning at number 1001, this car was probably right in the middle of the run; January perhaps.

Mine was car 35,379 from Kansas City. I wonder if all roadmaster convertibles come from KC? The few with vins I've seen on the internet are KC cars.

I dunno bout that Lance , i could dump $30k on that  57 special convertible   & I would have a reasonably restored convertible  that i could impress some hot babes with ...

now,, for the same money i could buy that roadmaster & them hot chikie babes will think im one of the Clampet`s  & horrified that car is even on the road ..  !     & being realistic  only Buick affiliated people would know the difference between a Roadmaster & Special  ..to the rest of the population in the World ..  its the same 57 Buick car !

Edited by johnnybuick (see edit history)

I dunno bout that Lance , i could dump $30k on that 57 special convertible & I would have a reasonably restored convertible that i could impress some hot babes with ...

now,, for the same money i could buy that roadmaster & them hot chikie babes will think im one of the Clampet`s & horrified that car is even on the road .. ! & being realistic only Buick affiliated people would know the difference between a Roadmaster & Special ..to the rest of the population in the World .. its the same 57 Buick car !

True...if you place no value on whether it is a special or Roadmaster. However even with the body rust the Roadmaster is in far better condition from what I see.

• Like 1

Like as has been said before, the car has lots of potential. Personally I have started with way worse cars, but bought for much less money than is being asked here.

Hopefully it will find the right buyer to give it the "care" it needs.

The Roadmaster name still has a cachet to it, even amoungst some younger people, and the older ones know it well.

Keith

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)