BUY 1960 rochester 4-jet carb

emmd61

Hi all------I am looking for a rebuildable 1960 buick rochester 4-jet carburetor. Must have the electric switch on the choke.  emmd61@yahoo.com.  919-630-0158. Thanks--Arthur

Your request has me confused.

The original Rochester 4-Jet (4-GC) carburetor for 1960 Buick is tag number 7015040.

Its the "electric switch on the choke" that confuses me. Rochester did NOT use an electric choke and unless you never drive the car below an ambient of 60 degrees F., you don't really want one with the auto trans used in 1960. Rochester used a hot air choke that opened with the temperature of the engine, not by time.

Rochester did have an electric starter switch in 1960 on the carburetor. It has nothing to do with the choke.

Jon.

Your request has me confused.

The original Rochester 4-Jet (4-GC) carburetor for 1960 Buick is tag number 7015040.

Its the "electric switch on the choke" that confuses me. Rochester did NOT use an electric choke and unless you never drive the car below an ambient of 60 degrees F., you don't really want one with the auto trans used in 1960. Rochester used a hot air choke that opened with the temperature of the engine, not by time.

Rochester did have an electric starter switch in 1960 on the carburetor. It has nothing to do with the choke.

Jon.

I think he means the starter switch that is near the choke