WTB seat cushions for 1912 Hudson

dl456

Hello all,

Maybe a long shot but you never know. I am looking for suitable period seat cushions

(bottoms) for my 1912 Hudson 33 touring. Front is approx 40'' x 18'' and rear is

45'' x 18''. This car is incredibly original and complete. At some point in it's long storage

the seat bottoms and windshield went missing.

I don't want to restore this car but rather get it running and drive and preserve it as is.

Old crusty leather or minor tears Ok.

Any leads on correct windshield frame appreciated.as well.

Could pick up at Hershey.

Thanks,

Dennis Long

• 1 month later...

No luck at Hershey.

Found a couple of brass T windshield frames which could work.

A few seat bottoms of incorrect sizes.

Have had several e-mail responses to some adds. It's funny that they have the exact parts that I need 

but are unable to spell Hudson correctly. Imagine that?

Any thoughts or leads appreciated.

Dennis

• Like 1

Hello! Just received a '12 Hudson 5p touring. Car appears 99% complete, missing horn, spare wheels/tires and Prestolite tank. Motor turns free, does not have a self starter. I would like to correspond with you or anyone who has knowledge of these vehicles. Thank You, Regards, Jeff P. / Lakeland, MN / scampout@comcast.net.

Guest Hudson33

Jeff

Have a speed roadster and had to make a windshield. Am interested in all Model 33's, contact Lorne Walters as he has very nice touring.

I used his dust pan to make one for my car as it was missing.

Keep in touch

Fred Grey

Dennis,

I know you are not asking for advice, but did you consider having someone make seat cushions for you?  They could use modern materials on the inside and some well -worn old period leather. I would think an old, beat up leather sofa would have enough leather to do seat cusions and backs.

Someone like trimacar (member) would be able to do it or give advice.

Dwight

Edited by Dwight Romberger (see edit history)

Thanks Dwight,

I have considered that and even thought about re-using some material from leather seats that I am

going to restore. I may have to do that.

I have e-mailed with trimacar and he thought that some one was selling distressed leather. I tried to

catch up with him at Hershey but was not successful. Wore out a pair of boots going by his booth but he was not there. Just kidding.

I also checked with Mel (the leather and horsehair guy) about used leather with no luck. I have to admit that I probably wouldn't keep it either. In fact, about two years ago I gave away several old leather seat cushions

because I didn't think that I would ever use them.

Thanks again.

Dennis

Jeff - I sent you an e-mail.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well another 6 mos. and still no seat cushions or windshield. Close but no cigar.

The front cushion should be split. 2 @ 20'' wide by 18'' deep and the rear about 45'' wide and 18 deep. (approx)

Still looking for a  brass windshield frame as well.

Should be taking the Mitchell for a maiden cruise in the next couple of weeks and this ole Hudson is 

next in the shop. Would like to find something even if temporary .

Dwight, where did you get your distressed leather if you don't mind 

Thanks,

Dennis

There are a few companies that sell distressed leather, here's one:

http://www.carrollleather.com/distressed-leather

There are a couple of options on the springs themselves.  One is to make drawings and send to Snyder's, they will quote you new seat springs.  I can make spring assemblies, but I'd be more expensive than Snyder's, as they do it day in and day out.

It's a shame you can't find some original seats out of something, as that would be the correct look and the lowest cost.  Making new springs and buying new leather will be much more expensive, of course.

If I can help in any way, let me know.  thanks David C.

Thanks David,

Finding something close from the period would also be my choice but I realize it may never happen. I do know 

that if you if you don't look and ask, your chances are greatly diminished.

These items disappeared from the barn long before my ownership. What amazes me is that while the seat bottoms 

and windshield walked off, the brass lights and many other cool little things remain on the car.

I appreciate the offer of help and still have you in mind for the little Grant roadster. I'm not quite ready yet ,

but what is your schedule like?

Thanks again,

Dennis

Sorry 3 makes,

I don't check back all that often.

I could use a brass windshield frame around 42"wide x 25'' high. Straight bottom.

It would not have to be exact.

What do you have?

Thanks,

Dennis

Trimacar,

I planned on being ready next week, which means it may be ready in 2018.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 11/3/2015 at 5:47 AM, Guest Hudson33 said:

Jeff

Have a speed roadster and had to make a windshield. Am interested in all Model 33's, contact Lorne Walters as he has very nice touring.

I used his dust pan to make one for my car as it was missing.

Keep in touch

Fred Grey

Hi Fred,

I am messaging to connect with you as I have just secured a beautiful Hudson 33 Roadster and would like to talk with you if you are interested as I am wanting some advice on returning some historic modifications back to factory standard to the same level that you did with your Mile a Minute. 

My email address is mathew@conekings.com and I would really appreciate connecting with you if you are available.

Kind regards and thanks for your time.

Mathew

• 1 year later...
On 11/3/2015 at 3:40 AM, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

Hello! Just received a '12 Hudson 5p touring. Car appears 99% complete, missing horn, spare wheels/tires and Prestolite tank. Motor turns free, does not have a self starter. I would like to correspond with you or anyone who has knowledge of these vehicles. Thank You, Regards, Jeff P. / Lakeland, MN / scampout@comcast.net.

Hi Jeff, I own a 1912 Hudson 33 Roadster and I am searching for an engine. Do you have one by any chance or know of one for sale? 

IMG_0349.jpeg

IMG_0350.jpeg

IMG_0352.jpeg

IMG_0353.jpeg

IMG_0348.jpeg

IMG_0387.jpeg

On 9/15/2015 at 1:52 AM, dl456 said:

Hello all,

Maybe a long shot but you never know. I am looking for suitable period seat cushions

(bottoms) for my 1912 Hudson 33 touring. Front is approx 40'' x 18'' and rear is

45'' x 18''. This car is incredibly original and complete. At some point in it's long storage

the seat bottoms and windshield went missing.

I don't want to restore this car but rather get it running and drive and preserve it as is.

Old crusty leather or minor tears Ok.

Any leads on correct windshield frame appreciated.as well.

Could pick up at Hershey.

Thanks,

Dennis Long

Hi Dennis, I am restoring a 1912 Hudson 33 Commercial Roadster and I am searching for an Engine for it.. do you have one or know of one for sale like this? Hope to hear from you. Mathew

IMG_0387.jpeg

IMG_0349.jpeg

IMG_0353.jpeg

IMG_0348.jpeg

IMG_0350.jpeg

IMG_0352.jpeg