A bit of induction art

Sharps40

A little induction art. 

I just need to choose air cleaners to finish it.

Needed some aluminum welding and cast iron brazing to put them back into service shape.  Not undoable but gave it a lot of thought.  It was Dads first hot rod induction.  The old 217.8" Flat 6 D5 engine, .030 over, .060 off the head, Dual Carbs, Edmonds Intake and Split Manifold Dual Exhaust and a skilled up hill driver. 

First car he regularly broke 100 MPH in.  (First car I broke 100 mph in too!)  Doesn't sound like much but Dad typically did it up hill and down hill (naturally, easier) on South Mountain Maryland and around Camp Sinoquipe BSA in the same mountains but on the Pennsylvania side of the Mason Dixon Line.  

At the time, Dad worked at Camp Sinoquipe and drove their daily, he new the mountain roads with his eyes closed.  Many is the bet he won driving Ol Bessy against Straight 8 and V8 motors (late 50s and early 60s) on those mountains.  The bet was always first over the top wins.   Ol Bessy, with her Twin Ball and Ball carbs pulled and pulled and pulled in third gear, eventually pulling in front of the 8s on the long steep grade stretches where Dad knew he could pass and stay in front over the top. 

A plaque is on the way.  It will be engraved as follows, with the fourth line being his full name:

100 MPH!  1937 Dodge
Sinoquipe, South Mountain
Together We Ate The 8's!

AUrOuMQ.jpg

93UIRba.jpg

5U5XX8k.jpg

amNsDZq.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He saw it last week when down here for a hunt.....to say he was happy is an understatement.  Going up to visit him this month, so I'll take it along and hang it up somewhere where he'll like it and Mom will be mildly irritated with it.....in otherwords, we'll pick the perfect spot!

• Like 1