Tool Kit?

I just received an original brochure for my '38 Plymouth and one of the things listed is "Full set of tools on all models".

Now this is something I was never aware of. Any one here know of this and if so, does anyone have a picture or any more info on these tool sets?

Greg

Hi Greg

I have made copies of the tool bag that we found in a 1936 Chrysler Airflow. As far as I can tell it was an original in very rough shape and some of  the tools in it were not the original ones. The bag/roll is 12 inches wide and opens out to 22 inches long - a flap that doubles over the 7 individual tool slots. It is bound when rolled up by a 3/4"  black webbing strap and buckle. ply33's info gives you a start, I have a  '36 Dodge RS Coupe that I intend to use the repro tool roll in. If you can get your hands on a '38 Plymouth parts manual it should list the contents of the tool roll under Group 20 Tools.

I will not guarantee that the '38 tool bag/roll/kit is identical to the '36 roll that we have made BUT so few of them even exist that if you are interested, we can make one up for you. The tools. on the other hand will require an eRob or similar search and can also be found in rusty tool assortments at many swap meets. Hope this helps. PM me if you would like more info on the repro tool roll.

Hey, thanks guys, This is kind of what I was expecting.....a cheap set of pliers, a few open end wrenches and a wooden handled screwdriver or two. Not Snap-On's finest set!  :lol: 

Anyway, never having seen or heard of this before I was more curious that anything if anyone had an original kit.