transport company

mcgoo

This has probably been asked many times before but as I am in Australia and looking to possibly bring a car body back to Australia.

Could anyone advise of a reputable transport company that could transport from Albuquerque NM to Long Beach CA. The body will probably be packed into a pallet. I have perused some previous posts and Intercity gets good raps.

Thanks in advance for any advice

mcgoo

Passport Transport is a very reputable company,

and on a prior thread, many people gave them 

good marks.  Whether they can accommodate

your pallet-positioned packet, I don't know, but

you could contact them and ask.

Large transport companies like Passport aren't

the most economical for short hauls, but New Mexico

to California isn't all that short a distance.

This has probably been asked many times before but as I am in Australia and looking to possibly bring a car body back to Australia.

Could anyone advise of a reputable transport company that could transport from Albuquerque NM to Long Beach CA. The body will probably be packed into a pallet. I have perused some previous posts and Intercity gets good raps.

Thanks in advance for any advice

mcgoo

Car bodies on pallets will not be hauled my major carriers.

They are a static load - they can't be moved around - loaded & unloaded & transferred without labor

which is a hassle for multi car carriers designed to shuffle cars.

Neither will rollers or vehicles full of parts.

Vehicles need to be running & driving to move on and off the multi car carriers.

If someone is headed west along I-40 thru Albuquerque .... they are probably already full.

I do direct enclosed transport from pick up to drop off & I do haul bodies.

At present I am in Winnemucca, NV headed east along the I-80 corridor to Philadelphia, PA so I can't be of service.

Jim

post-99427-0-44796700-1441160447_thumb.j

post-99427-0-70087200-1441160465_thumb.j

post-99427-0-80864100-1441160485_thumb.j

post-99427-0-92915200-1441160502_thumb.j

post-99427-0-57452500-1441160559_thumb.j

post-99427-0-69214400-1441160683_thumb.j

post-99427-0-21756300-1441160716_thumb.j

post-99427-0-08479800-1441160745_thumb.j

Edited by Trulyvintage (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

McGoo,

try contacting some of the container companies and furniture removal people in Alburquerque. Tell them you want to send it in a consolidated container direct to Australia, it will be better to do that than part ship it to California. Also try contacting shipping companies in Australia like Mediteranean Shipping company (MSCU) or any of the other container companies that operate into Aussie, most of them have offices all over the world and can put you in direct contact with an office near where you want to ship from. They also know who else is wanting stuff shipped and can consolidate it for you, this will save plenty.

I used Australian Van lines in Sydney to move my Chrysler body to Zim, they collected it, packed it into a crate and it arrived 3 months later, no hassle or problem, it's the way to go.

Best regards Viv.

Thanks Viv, but too late I missed auction anyway as too much money for a $1000 shell.

How is your car going? I bought from same people you did in OZ and wow have I found some parts that don't belong to me. I have a 1930 body 1925 chassis and 1928 radiator amongst some dodge and chev parts.

I have since purchased a half 1928 tourer and now a half a 1928 series 62 to try to rebuild what I have. All part of the fun!!!!!!

Mcgoo