55- 56 Steering wheels

JohnD1956

Just to confuse the issue there are at least two variations of wheels, flexible and non flexible. Non flex is the cheapie (no horn ring) used on some 55 and 56 40's and is the same. Flex is different between 55 and 56. At least so sayeth "de book"...........................Bob

Thanks Bob.  They look so close! 

Ooopsie. It appears I mis-spoke. Upon further reading some 55's and 56's share the same wheel depending on model (I think). If someone would scan and post section 6.513 of de book you can figure it out for yourself (maybe).......Sorry for the bum scoop..................Bob

Hopefully, "de book" will be the Fall Edition of the 1956 Model Year "book", as later versions can  contain part number changes of those earlier part numbers in them . . . by observation.  Part number changes (from original to "changed") were in the back part of the Price Schedules.

NTX5467

The center medallion is indeed interchangeable

But they are however, different.

The '55 has a gold toned emblem with a black background/surround and has a rounded nose

The '56 has a silver toned emblem with a white background/surround and has a flattened nosecu

I put a '56 on mine, because I think the white/silver matches my interior better, than the black/gold

DSCN0206.jpg