Try 3mm xduty inner tubes ?

ArticiferTom

• Looking for on my '31 dodge pickup w artillery wheels . Speeds under 60 downhill with wind . Never heard of over heating ,was just looking for quality . Forums seem to say today's import tubes are so bad , of coarse with internet you only hear bad, not necessarily the other 500 good .

I am using motorcycle tubes in my tires on my '33. Only issue I have is that the valve stems are the same diameter as for a bicycle and the hole in the car's rims are larger. I use some washers to make up the difference. On my second set of tires using motorcycle tubes, so far no other issues than the size of the valve stem. For what it is worth, I went that way because the valve stem holes in my wheels are not offset and all the tubes in the size needed offered by the antique tire suppliers were offset.

Have heard of tires overheating and blowing on travel trailers towed at high speed with heavy duty tube type trailer tires. These tires are rated for 60MPH max. You also see blown 18 wheeler tires on the hiway although, not as many as you used to.

Light tires without tubes heat up less, and are less prone to hiway blowouts. This is not a concern on most old cars.

• 4 weeks later...