ID Franklins in Photo

Guest snellsf

Guest snellsf

This photo was taken in Laramie Wyoming ca. 1909.  I am led to believe that there are some Franklins in the photo.  Can anyone help?

TX, Steve in Cape Canaveral, FL

post-88567-0-90712200-1440512167_thumb.j

Wait for Tom R to jump in on this matter. They cant be very old . I would guess they are 08 or 09.... The cross engine cant be any newer than 1906. How big is the picture? Most likely ,something can be found out about this gathering by scouring local news papers from this town. I have my grand fathers 1902 Crest runabout bought by him in 1939. We never knew who bought it NEW until last year. I was working in the town where the car came from in 1939 and speaking with the local historian, learned that in 1929 the local businessmen were asked to write to the senior class boys and recommend a honorable business to seek employment. The Buick dealer at that time of coarse recommended the automobile business. When asked about his first dealings with a auto he mentioned a CREST RUNABOUT that was owned new by the local druggist in town.(Wayland NY) He said it was sold to a local merchant for a "Thing of interest". This was the man my granddad bought it from. This letter to the seniors was at the local historical society all these years. Now I know the Complete history of my 113 year old car from new. And it was all for the asking...

Guest snellsf

MIke--Thank you for all the detail.  I must acknowledge that I never heard of a Crest automobile.  Always something to learn.  Steve in Cape Canaveral, FL

Guest richentee

Looks like there is no fan on the front G, thus 1906.  There might be a D or two in the center.  Need a hirez picture.

Guest snellsf

For a 12 Mb photo, you can email kdviner@msn.com.  Don't know if it is hi res or not--being the source for the photo I originally posted yesterday.

Steve in Cape Canaveral FL

This was a fun one and took me some time to figure out!

Left to right (with clues I used):

1908H (fenders, firewall)

1907G (no fan, column control levers)

1908D (shift levers, size next to 1907G)

1907D (firewall)

1907D (firewall)

1905E (hood, shift lever)

1905D (grill surround - a rare photo!)

1906G (column controls, fenders, no fan, size)

tom

PS - I had help, I had the Hi-res version!

Edited by odyssey (see edit history)