Dodge Brothers

Rogillio

I just saw another new Dodge Brothers commercial. Since I own 2 mostly original Dodge Brothers cars, I love this ad campaign! A years ago the average person had never even heard of the Dodge Brothers....certainly a lot more people now have heard of them now.

So the question is, does the DB ad campaign increase the value/collectibility of DB cars?

It'd be nice if the campaign had that power, but ... kinda doubt it.

That noted, I really like those ads b/c they remind people of the history of the brand, not just focusing on the now & future.  Too many times, people lose sight of the past or where something came from ... & sometimes, that "backstory" has a heck of a lot of interesting details & tidbits. ;)

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"It seems like yesterday" __ Bob Seger __ 'Against The Wind'

I am restoring a 1928 2249 Senior 6 Touring Car This body was not available in the U.S. The body was Aussie by Holden Body Building Co in Adelaide South Australia. It is 1 of 250 that were made by Holdens. It should be rather valuable because of its rarety but in my eyes it is priceless. No amount of money will buy it. I know of 5 of these cars and believe me I sure have been looking for the past 40 years 

I still want one of those 1916 DB touring cars that can do a break-torture tire burn without any front brakes! 

The goal of most advertisement is name recognition.  Boeing doesn't advertise on TV to get  you to buy a 787...they are just promoting the Boeing brand.

2 years ago, I had no idea Mr Dodge had  a brother.  I had a crash course when I bought my car.  But most people never heard of the Dodge Brothers until this ad campaign started.

What we need to do get Dodge to hold a Dodge/DB rally or parade....I can show up with my 35 hp coupe an race a 707 hp 2015 Dodge Challenger.

I guess you missed the 2015 Centennial celebration that the Dodge Brothers club put on in Detroit....

I did.  My car would be shammed among all those near perfect cars.  Maybe I will make the 2016 meet as my cars will be 90 years old next year.

I did.  My car would be shammed among all those near perfect cars.  Maybe I will make the 2016 meet as my cars will be 90 years old next year.

Nobody will shame you for such a cool car.

Nobody will shame you for such a cool car.

I understand....it's just that I know every flaw in my car....and tend to see zero flaws in other cars.  I'm bad about showing people the flaws in my woodworking.  They will be admiring it and I don't know why but I always point out the 'flaw' that no one would ever notice.  I guess I just need to learn to keep my mouth shut. 

The Dodge Brothers Club never has been...nor ever will be about perfect cars.

Got a perfect car? Great, bring it on.

Got an original, unrestored car (like mine) with flaws & patina? Great, bring it on?

Got something in between (most cars, I suspect)? Great, bring your stories & pride!

• Like 1

Guest Calli Ken

Good Morning,  My Journey starts here.  (pictures in my gallery) 

edan that is in the condition that Mine is in. 

being that It did not cost me anything to own.. and the love for a man that had once wanted it to run (no longer with us) I think I am going to have a lot of fun with it.

The information on this site is priceless .  

Thanks guys. 

Good Morning,  My Journey starts here.  (pictures in my gallery) 

edan that is in the condition that Mine is in. 

being that It did not cost me anything to own.. and the love for a man that had once wanted it to run (no longer with us) I think I am going to have a lot of fun with it.

The information on this site is priceless .  

Thanks guys. 

You should probably start a new post about your 1930 DB. That way, the thread won't get lost here. Looks like a solid car from what I saw of the photos. You will probably be able to find the correct radiator cap and re-sell the 1930 Plymouth cap that is on it. You will also be able to find the correct headlamps fairly easily. John