After 22 years Sold our convertible

Barney Eaton

Our 1991 white convertible went to a new home in Auburn Indiana this weekend.

We have more vehicles that we need so at Springfield I put 3 Buicks on the bulletin board and the only one that got interest was the Reatta.  

We purchased it in 1993 with 23,016 and after 22 years it had 48406.

The new owners are BCA members and friends from the BDE tours and I know it will be well taken care of.... now I would like to sell the 1939 Century and I would have one empty garage stall.

post-76006-0-39718700-1438616757_thumb.j

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

I don't know if I should give congratulations on the sale or condolences for your loss.

My thoughts exactly.  Due to no job or income, I had to sell a number of cars I've owned for a while, including my 1st car, which I bought in 1992 & sold in 2013.  Bittersweet to be sure.

If the 1939 was 1 of the 3 you put up on the boards, surprised that didn't get any interest at all.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"This is where you don't say what you want so bad to say" __ Billy Ray Cyrus & Miley Cyrus __ 'Don't Go'

Tough decisions,  but applying some logic, I spend more time maintaining them than driving.  

Sure I would love to have a building full of different vehicles to drive but most people that have "collections" can afford to have someone maintain them. 

In the Texas summer,  you do not want to be working on a car, again unless you are lucky enough to have a nice building that is heated and air conditioned. 
I am fortunate enough to have indoor space for 5 plus another covered spot.    I would like to find the '39 a new home so some other Buick person could enjoy it.

I purchased a V8 Lucerne back in Feb, thinking it would be a good road car.....it is but Nancy prefers the Enclave on the open road.

post-76006-0-59068600-1438806842_thumb.j

• Like 1

Agree, this time of year (the 100 days of summer) it is either too hot or raining or both. Used to be I'd get a lot done between 2 and 6 am but am following more conventional hours now.

For years I have had "enough" garage. Now I have enough garage doors that nothing nneds to be shuffled.

Haven't been contributing much because

1) Have already posted most answers

2) Am just enjoying the cars

3) Been working more on the trailer. Have proven a Honda 2000 can reliably run a 13,500 AC (with a few mods)

Padgett....... I must have missed your retirement announcement,  congratulations and hope you are having fun.

We will be in Orlando for the BDE tour...Oct 18 to 24.   Maybe we can get together for coffee, tea or a beer.    I don't have details on were we are staying at this time

Yes 35 years with a DOD contractor was enough. Now getting to sleep until paw in the eye. Am losing tack of what day it is. 'vert needs a set of freeze plugs, just waiting for cooler weather (and a round tuit). Currently just hot until it rains, then wet.

• Like 1

Yes 35 years with a DOD contractor was enough. Now getting to sleep until paw in the eye. Am losing tack of what day it is. 'vert needs a set of freeze plugs, just waiting for cooler weather (and a round tuit). Currently just hot until it rains, then wet.

Welcome to the world of retirement. Just put front brakes on the Expy yesterday from 9 to 11am. Overcast, but warmer than I like.

• Like 1