owners of tc in michigan

Guest mysticblue

Guest mysticblue

Thanks for your response. I'm in the northern Detroit area I just did the interior and soft top now I'm trying to take care of the little things

I had good luck with Great Lakes Auto Repair (http://www.greatlakesautorepair.com/) in Pontiac a few years ago (luckly I haven't had to go back so I can't tell you if the same guys are still there),  The TC Club had a get-together in Auburn Hills a few years ago and a couple guys had some pretty major work done there as well (one was a head gasket replacement).

I've had a little work done by All Night Auto in Livonia and they seemed pretty knowledgable about the 2.2 Turbo in my car.

A couple side notes -

1) Where did you get your interior and softtop work done?  My softtop is going to need work at some point and I could use an armrest fix up.

2) I see you're in Ferndale!  So are we!  Keep an eye out for our Yellow/Ginger 89 around town!

Guest mysticblue

I went to Paul's boat and auto in Pontiac. He did a great job did the seats and soft top and I'm in black/black I changed the top color from tan. Have you had any problems s with passenger side I think it could be a fuse/broker not sure. If you need a service manual I have one it only seems to help if your doing the work yourself. Although it has helped in some of my question look forward to see you on the road

You already know the best place to go to get your door handle fixed, you just don't know that you know. Any mechanic can fix a door handle, but the biggest part of this job is getting the door upholstery out of the way and upholstery shop people also know how to spot a bad window and lock switch. If you had a good experience with your interior work, bring two times enough doughnuts to say thank you to everyone in the shop and while you're there ask them where you can get your door handle fixed. Odds are someone will drop whatever they're doing and get done while you wait.  

Never underestimate the power of pastry,

Guest mysticblue

I like how you think. I usually try to do things myself. Very independent that way. But I know this is way out of my range of knowledge. I'll take it back where I had my soft top done. Thanks for the great idea.

Hello fellow Michiganders. A little off topic but have any of you considered driving in the Old 27 cruise? I've taken it from Grayling north last couple years. This year thinking about traveling down to DeWitt and bringing it back north. Weather permitting of course. Sorry about hijacking this thread but had to take advantage of the Michigan focus.