passenger side problems

Guest mysticblue

Guest mysticblue

Just trying to bring back a car that was it storage for years. Passenger side door lock ,window , and the outside door handle doesn't work. You can open from inside door but when you go to lock no click and driver side controls for that side.... nothing. Can anyone help or know someone in the northern Detroit area who can. Thanks

probably the plastic connector on the link inside the door broke 

Either that or someone yanked too hard on the outside lever and bent the rod inside the door out of shape.  I had that on one I bought 2 years ago.

Mopar had metal clips on the 70's cars that don't break.  junk yard inventory.

Guest mysticblue

That is more then likely what happened it was looked at in the winter months and they might have pulled hard to open the door thinking it was frozen. So its a bar in the door. can it be bent back into shape or is there a part number or make that I'll need. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Guest mysticblue

Do you know if this would effect the window, that's not working either. I was thinking fuse/breaker maybe. Also the trunk release in the glove compartment

Do you know if this would effect the window, that's not working either. I was thinking fuse/breaker maybe. Also the trunk release in the glove compartment

If you are mechanical?  Get a Ohmmeter at Harbor Freight.  While the door panel is off, check the voltage to the window motor.  then set the tool to ohms and see if the motor is shorted.  0 ohms means a short. 

A fuse will not affect one motor only.

Odds are you will need a new trunk release solenoid and they aren't anywhere to be found, Had to search back 20 pages to find this and it's something to consider if you want to use the remote trunk release. http://forums.aaca.org/topic/221984-making-a-remote-trunk-release-that-works/