Found -- 47 Buick 3speed Clutch Bearing Release Tube

Guest AACAFJH

Guest AACAFJH

I am working to restore a 1947 Buick Roadmaster.  When I pulled the engine I broke a snap ring which help this tube onto the main shaft of the transmission.  Searching the web I find some call it a Bearing Release Tube.

I have not found the actual GM name or part number for this. 

The bad part of this story is that while I was rebuilding the engine I lost it.  I even cleaned my garage trying to find it but it is gone.  I need to find one to get the engine installed and the project moving. 

Any help would be appreciated, of course offering to sell me one would be my dream.  Right now I am almost at the point of trying to fabricate one in a machine shop.

SPECIFICS:

MODEL 1947 Roadmaster Model 76S

VIN# 44539607

GM Transmission number is GM 1317854-2

Thank you for your interest.  I have found my lost part and no longer need to buy one.

THANKS

FRED

Edited by AACAFJH (see edit history)

Guest AACAFJH

I have searched the web and this is the closest picture I have found to the piece I am missing.  It will be unfinished steel in the old model style.

Thanks

Fred Huser

970-226-0511

fredhuser@mac.compost-154258-0-53110600-1438273340_thumb.

GM Transmission number is GM 1317854-2 is just the casting number

You need to get a parts book

I used to have an exploded view of transmission here of the forum from the 1928-52 Master parts book

But with the new software those images are gone. 

Can look in my parts book for the part number in 10-14 days

I'm assuming you are talking about the "torque ball retainer, outer", which attaches to the torque tube?  (Similar to your picture, about 6"? long, but tapered, with a flange on the end?)  If so, the part number is: Group 5.560, 1323289.  1937 through 1947 large series are identical.  Let me know if this is not the part you mean.

Guest AACAFJH

Thanks for the input.  I would appreciate seeing any old parts books. The most I have is a Motors repair manual and it does not even really show the part on the front of the transmission.  Many of the yards I have called have asked for the part number but I have not found a book that covers my year.  This 1947 Buick was my grandfathers originally and has been neglected for 25+ years.  I tackled the engine first and the wiring second.  Any help is greatlly appreciated.   Thanks Fred

A typical 1928-52 Master Parts Chassis Book  here http://www.antiquemystique.com/pages/7605_jpg.htm

Can get a copy on CD as here http://forums.aaca.org/topic/218241-found-cheap-master-parts-books-on-cd/

For your part try Dave T.  Ph (763)427-3460.  Can be hard to contact. Just keep trying