Engine cover.

Guest HuevosRanchero

Guest HuevosRanchero

well since 'rita has neither low miles nor is going for any points at a show we had a slight mod this weekend. 

The original grey engine cover is in pretty sorry condition and all the mounting points onto the hard lines are snapped off sooooooo

sourced a black cover from I believe a mid/early 90s pontiac?

20150726_130623.jpg

in very nice shape but there is a slight mounting difference at the PCV tag area.   Note...I could have painted the 

original cover I suppose but I haven't had much luck with engine plastics ...especially light colors. 

20150726_130636.jpg

20150726_130735.jpg

20150726_130730.jpg

Plotted a new mount hole from the originals location

20150726_135904.jpg

sorry for the fuzzy...had to clip the dangling hook plastic which is probably a mount from the original application.

20150726_135908.jpg

Continued with 1001 uses for mothers wheel polish by using it to clean up the intake...worked great with little effort.  I like the contrast

of the black cover...I cleaned up the lettering using a silver leafing pen and after gave it a coat of clear.   Probably been done before but

an easy mod that replaces a poor original.  PS. You will need to use a standard nut to fasten the cover down  since spinning the wing nut 

is now out of the question.

20150726_135731.jpg

Edited by HuevosRanchero (see edit history)

Guest PontiacDude210

That looks really good. I prefer my motor cover free, but only because I didn't know there were black ones that fit.

Guest HuevosRanchero

That looks really good. I prefer my motor cover free, but only because I didn't know there were black ones that fit.

apparently these first gen covers are very fragile as far as the snaps to the hard lines are concerned. Stumbled onto the fact there were black ones by cruising on Epay.