New member here.

Frank Szymkowski

The show is Saturday only. Friday the 9000+ space flea market will still be up and running but starting to thin out. Wednesday and Thursday are the best days for the flea market if you're into that. Usually about 1400 cars in the Saturday show. Nothing happening Sunday. Wear your most comfortable walking shoes and be prepared for any type weather. Shouldn't take but a few days to get your registration material back. I am embarrassed to say that as an oldtimer I have no idea what year or make your car is. Is the blue side trim something that was originally available from the factory?

If you are familiar with the workings of the show then the best advice I can give you as a judge is to have your car as clean and detailed as possible. Remove any extraneous materials, blankets, after market floor mats etc. Don't forget your fire extinguisher and most important enjoy the day.

• Like 1

Newbie ----have you been staying at the Lodge every year you've been to Hershey?  You will certainly like it.  Close by everything.  Shuttle. Try the Hershey Grill next door.  Good food!!!   The Lodge is very EXPENSIVE!!!!!       Coalter

Newbie ----have you been staying at the Lodge every year you've been to Hershey?  You will certainly like it.  Close by everything.  Shuttle. Try the Hershey Grill next door.  Good food!!!   The Lodge is very EXPENSIVE!!!!!       Coalter

Always drove to Jersey every year and never stayed over. And yes we are staying at the Lodge this year. Are they ok with enclosed trailers?

Called and got my info from AACA today and mailed out the show registration ! I'm in!

Edited by topblissgt (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Yes, this will be my 14th year staying at the Lodge and I've seen lots of trailers there every year. RM Auctions has a big auction there on Thur Fri & Sat, so there will be plenty of their big 53 foot trucks there also.  Let me know if you need any other info on the Lodge.  A great place to stay.  Coalter

Yes, this will be my 14th year staying at the Lodge and I've seen lots of trailers there every year. RM Auctions has a big auction there on Thur Fri & Sat, so there will be plenty of their big 53 foot trucks there also.  Let me know if you need any other info on the Lodge.  A great place to stay.  Coalter

Did not know R&M was there. Great!! Thanks. I imagine the place is all car people that weekend?

Edited by topblissgt (see edit history)

I always like to arrive at the show field very early Saturday morning--like, when it's still dark out (around 6:30 or so). While that may not be entirely necessary, I suggest "beating the crowd" so that you avoid the risk of having to wait in line to enter the show field, and risk overheating, not to mention any scrambling to get your vehicle detailed one final time before judging.

Truthfully, I also get there early so that I can soak in every minute of the wonderful experience that is Fall Hershey. No other place that an old car guy would rather be!

• 2 weeks later...

The show is Saturday only. Friday the 9000+ space flea market will still be up and running but starting to thin out. Wednesday and Thursday are the best days for the flea market if you're into that. Usually about 1400 cars in the Saturday show. Nothing happening Sunday. 

Excellent advice.  Since the car show ends Saturday at 3 p.m.,

and you will see nothing on Sunday but a great gaping vacancy,

you might adjust your proposed Friday-Sunday schedule.

Unless you want to enjoy other things in the area, you may

not want to pay for a Saturday night stay, and instead come Thursday.

It's an experience your family will remember!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest merlofla

Hello,

Since I am staying at the Lodge and pulling an enclosed trailer, will I be able to park my rig right at the Lodge, or will I have to park in the other trailer parking lot?

Sounds like that would be a lot easier.

Thanks,

Mike

Any original documentation would be good to have available in case there were any questions about authenticity of any component. Most people have those types of documents available, perhaps displayed in the trunk, or sometimes kept in a folder or binder with the owner's chair or other personal belongings, often behind the car.

Just a minor point here; echoing what MC Hinson said, it is absolutely a good idea to have documentation about your vehicle, such as factory brochures, literature, and the like.   I was once politely asked by the judging team about the glass-pack mufflers on my '62 Olds Starfire, for which they likely were about to dock some points, and I did have to provide "proof" from a sales brochure that mentioned "fiber-packed mufflers" as well as the resonators being factory-issue on my car.   A real-life example illustrating the benefits of having documentation.

As for the "display" of literature, I would set up any such items after the judging has been completed, so that the judging team may perform their duties properly, and not suspect that any faults are being "covered up" by such a display.   Once they are done, I go ahead and set up my trunk with all sorts of factory literature, so that others can perhaps learn more about your car, and enjoy these vintage items, which help illustrate that model's history.

Finally, another important point worth mentioning for those new to Hershey, is that the Folder Distribution takes place from 11 am-3 pm Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday beside the Hershey Region Main Tent, on the Chocolate Field.  This is not far from where the Food Court is located, just east of the overpass above Park Boulevard.  The large envelope will contain all of the necessary judging instructions and materials for the Show on Saturday (as well as the famous Wooden Nickels that highlight the dates of Fall Hershey for the next few years).

Those who arrive in Hershey on Saturday can also pick up their folder on the Show Field, but I would highly recommend obtaining it ahead of time during the week if you are going to be in town by then.   One will be busy enough getting the vehicle spiffed up one last time before judging, as well as taking in all of the atmosphere and camaraderie that Fall Hershey provides in abundance...

Edited by starfireelvis (see edit history)

Im new and not sure where this is. Is there a map of some sort where this is?

Finally, another important point worth mentioning for those new to Hershey, is that the Folder Distribution takes place from 11 am-3 pm Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday beside the Hershey Region Main Tent, on the Chocolate Field.  This is not far from where the Food Court is located, just east of the overpass above Park Boulevard.  The large envelope will contain all of the necessary judging instructions and materials for the Show on Saturday (as well as the famous Wooden Nickels that highlight the dates of Fall Hershey for the next few years).