Spam Pie

MrEarl

You asked for it and you got it.

BUICK SPAM PIE ala Lesabre (that's French).

From left to right;

Chex Mix (with Christmas Tree Pretzels)

Flint Buick National Mug

Anheuser Busch drinking water in a can (from Ames Floods)

Bottle of Washington State Reisling wine (gift from Gene Sorensen, that's "en")

Sardines in Mustard Sauce (not open per 1st lady request)

Rolling Pin ( reason for honoring 1st lady's request)

BUICK SPAM PIE ala Lesabre

Armour Vienna Sausage (no explanation needed)

Apple Sauce (you know "Pork Chops and Apple Sauce")

Tabasco Sauce (I can still taste it)

and the coupe degras' Multiple servings of Milwaukee's Best Light

I had Shoestring Potatoes but ate them while fixing the pie

ENJOY

post-47206-143138371213_thumb.jpg

post-47206-143138371215_thumb.jpg

post-47206-143138371462_thumb.jpg

OH MAN.....I think the holidays are getting to me :confused:.

I'm wrapping a gift last night and the Santas on the wrapping paper are starting to look like Mr Earl:eek:

Might have been the Spam Pie..... or the sardines....vine..... or a little sponge cake.

Anyway , Thanks for the compliment Lamar.

post-47206-143138371755_thumb.jpg

Weren't the turtle shells used for military helmets in the early wars? That would be before it got fashionable to use "turtle shells" on eyeglasses and steering wheels. I'm sure the's got to be a "trick" in catching the snapping turtle, much less what you do with it after you catch it. Or do you get it full of McIlhenny Tobasco Sauce and then enter it in a turtle race the next day?

I wonder if that cholesterol rating on the "brains" is "good" or "bad" cholesterol, rather than the generic kind they talk about in the television commercials? Hopefully those brains are from pork donors whose frontal cortex lobes' brain cells are fully matured rather than otherwise!

Personally, I think I'll stick to fresh-from-the-river (a local one!) catfish and normal Tex-Mex meals . . . including blackened Spam and jalapeno enchiladas. With a salad, of course, and some healthy green tea.

"Ta Ta For Now" . . .

NTX5467

I wonder if that cholesterol rating on the "brains" is "good" or "bad" cholesterol, rather than the generic kind they talk about in the television commercials?

Dietary cholesterol isn't a big factor in blood cholesterol levels since it does get somewhat broken down. Generally the level of fat in the diet has the biggest impact (ingestion wise) on blood cholesterol levels...of course genetics and other factors come into play as well.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Spam...I think I'll have bacon spam eggs and spam.

At 3500mg/serving, that's a LOT to be "somewhat broken down"! Might "somewhat broken down" = "Limp-in Mode"?

Rick, might that rollin' pin be used to roll out the Spam, to longer lengths, so it could be sliced into longer pieces and used like "bacon"? Or might it be possible to use some pastry cutters to make long and round pieces that might be like Mr. Earl's vienna sausages, but were "skinned"? You got a Tri-Shield pastry cutter, Mr. Earl?

SPAM . . . THE POSSIBILITIES!!!!

NTX5467

Teeth.jpg

:eek:Good lord, I've heard of hog jowls before, but what the h*** is THAT:o

WTF?

My wife just came in the room to see if I was ok 'cause I was laughing so hard.

That picture was totally uncalled for! :)

I once tried to take my team out to eat at this place, but they wanted to go elsewhere.

Of course, there are other ways to cook your dinner....

post-41915-143138372157_thumb.jpg

post-41915-14313837216_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I can't say I hate Chicago, but I'm not really fond of driving through there...there are advantages to living in smaller places.

For what it is worth, we are having company tomorrow and I was given choices about the type of pie to make...since we had frozen cherries from our tree, that is the flavour that was decided on. The tree is very hardy (having been developed at the U of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon) and is semi-sweet, so we use a recipe from an old Betty Crocker book for tart cherries. It turns out quite well, although possibly a bit on the wet side.

• 2 weeks later...

Bubba and Billy Bob are walking down the street in Atlanta, and they see a sign on a store which reads, "Suits $5.00 each! , shirts $2.00 each, trousers $2.50 each. "

Bubba says to his pal, "Billy Bob, Look here! We could buy a whole gob of these, take'em back to Sand Mountain, sell 'em to our friends, and make a fortune. Just let me do the talkin' 'cause if they hear your accent, they might think we're ignorant, and won't wanna sell that stuff to us. Now, I'll talk in a slow Georgia drawl so's they don't know we is from Alabama."

They go in and Bubba says with his best fake Georgia drawl, "I'll take 50 of them suits at $5.00 each, 100 of them there shirts at $2.00 each, 50 pairs of them there trousers at $2.50 each. I'll back up my pickup and..."

The owner of the shop interrupts, "Ya'll from South Alabama, ain't ya?"

"Well...yeah," says a surprised Bubba...."How come you knowed that?"

"Because this is a dry cleaners"

Never thought of a "warsher" in this light before..what a blessing!

"Warshing Clothes Recipe" -- imagine having a recipe for this ! ! !

Years ago an Alabama grandmother gave the new bride the following recipe: this is an exact copy as written and found in an old scrapbook -

with spelling errors and all.

WARSHING CLOTHES Build fire in backyard to heat kettle of rain water. Set tubs so smoke wont blow in eyes if wind is pert. Shave one hole cake of lie soap in boilin water.

Sort things, make 3 piles

1 pile white,

1 pile colored,

1 pile work britches and rags.

To make starch, stir flour in cool water to smooth, then thin down with boiling water.

Take white things, rub dirty spots on board, scrub hard, and boil, then rub colored don't boil just wrench and starch.

Take things out of kettle with broom stick handle, then wrench, and starch.

Hang old rags on fence.

Spread tea towels on grass.

Pore wrench water in flower bed. Scrub porch with hot soapy water.

Turn tubs upside down.

Go put on clean dress, smooth hair with hair combs.. Brew cup of tea, sit and rock a spell and count your blessings.

================================================

Paste this over your washer and dryer Next time when you think things are bleak, read it again, kiss that washing machine and dryer, and give thanks.. First thing each morning you should run and hug your washer and dryer.

Wouldn't the couple on "Wayward Words" on NPR have a field day with that ressipii!

I knew about "warshing", but had forgotten about the "wrench" (or "wraench"?) action.

One thing though, do you mow the grass before or after the tea towels are layd out to dry? Or would the taller grass help them dry better?

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Warshin on Monday, grass mowin on Tuesday, wood choppin and other chores the rest. Goin to town, and bath takin on Saturday. Nothin doing on Sunday but Church going. ;) Dandy Dave!

How come Church going gets a G at the end? Ya need to keep the consistent redneck theme, Brother Dave ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 53Nailhead
I have it from a very reliable source

CHICAGO STORES ARE OUT OF SPAM :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

this is unprecedented and supports the report that this could be the worse winter storm to ever hit the Windy City.

How long can a city survive without Spam?

Truck's on it's way..............:D

post-37446-143138430602_thumb.jpg

When I went to WalMart the other evening, I happened upon the SPAM shelves. Rather than JUST the normal SPAM, there were about SIX, count'm . . . SIX variations of SPAM!!!! WHEN did these happen??? HOW did we miss 'em???? WHO would'v guess'd??? Some of 'em might even taste pretty good cooked like Virginia Ham!

After I recovered from the shock, I thought . . . "Mr. Sloan would be proud. A SPAM for very taste."

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Guest Dan Cook

Actually some of the varieties of Spam aren't too awfully bad. It sure beats the Navy days when the only variety was straight Spam, fried Spam, Spam on a shingle etc. Turkey Spam is about the best now.