1976 Century Pace Car Replica Collection

Thriller

I was looking at improvements to Spirit, our 1976 Pace Car Replica.  It has always bugged me that it had different size Center Line wheels and tires on.  There had been one about two hours drive west of here that has the correct wheels, so I started searching for it again.  I was sort of successful - it turns out to be one of these - http://www.junkyardlife.com/2015/02/readers-rides-trio-of-1976-buick-free.html

The owner is planning to move, so was open to selling them.  I made the first trip Thursday / Friday to bring one home.  There were some disappointments, but I now own the wheels I was after.  There are also some interior pieces that will improve Spirit.  The six center caps I have are in a bit of tough shape, but are better than nothing.  Between all of them, I may also be able to fix up the interior fan issue I'm having (one speed on the highest setting - not sure if it's the switch or the fan).

20150702PaceCars1

20150703PCRhome

Interestingly, all three have red interiors, like Spirit, although there are differences. 

So, I may now own the largest collection of the 1976 Buick Century Pace Car Replicas, with four of the 1290 produced.  I'm looking forward to getting the others home and being able to take a photo with all of them in the same place.

• Like 1

How great to find three at once!  Is the one you originally had a real one or a replica? 

BTW, the fan issue sounds like the rheostat switch on the HVAC case under the hood.  Those should still be available new.

How great to find three at once!  Is the one you originally had a real one or a replica? 

BTW, the fan issue sounds like the rheostat switch on the HVAC case under the hood.  Those should still be available new.

My apologies, I called the blower resistor a rheostat.  At least I got the first letter right...

• Like 1

Nah...one came without an engine...of course that could be an opportunity to attempt to replicate the genuine pace car with the V6 and twin turbos.

I took Spirit tonight and met a friend for ice cream. He asked to go for a ride and asked a question about the passenger door. I told him I didn't know since I don't use that door (except when opening / closing for Suzanne).

• Like 1