1931 or 1932 chevrolet coupe?

Davenport

I was wondering? Is there a difference between the 31 and 32 5 window coupe bodies? This is a picture of what I think is a 32 but, I was told it was a 31...Can anyone set me straight on this? I would greatly appreciate it. 

10378314_685202258182372_338836506245301

Thank you, keiser. The visor in the picture is not original chevy. It's just a homemade piece of metal attached to  the roof. I keep looking at pictures of 32s and 31s and my untrained eyes just can't see the difference but, I know you know your stuff from all my time reading this forum so, I trust that the body in the picture is a 31. Thanks again.

Thank you, keiser. The visor in the picture is not original chevy. It's just a homemade piece of metal attached to  the roof. I keep looking at pictures of 32s and 31s and my untrained eyes just can't see the difference but, I know you know your stuff from all my time reading this forum so, I trust that the body in the picture is a 31. Thanks again.

I thought that visor looked a little funky like a non-original and the more i look at it, the more i believe it is a 1932. I don't think the '31s had the cowl vent.

lol funky... Thanks Again for the info, keiser.  And I am happy to hear it is a 32. Because that is what I titled it as. and now I am selling it and didn't want any problems. I am looking to get a whole car instead, with all the fenders and as original as possible. I guess I grew out of the rat rod phase and looking for a survivor.

Thanks for the pics. After studying the 31s and 32s I have noticed another dead give away to tell a 31 from a 32. The 31 has both door hinges below the door window line. The 32's top door hinge is placed higher up, above the belt line. 

• Like 1