Trouble uploading photos

I've started having a problem uploading more than one photo to a post. The first one will upload just fine but when I try to upload another I get an error message that says: "This upload failed". There is not a problem with the file. They are just about 1 megabyte. I can close my browser and add another photo. Are we limited now to one photo per session now?

Also if I make a post and add a photo, I can't delete that photo using the delete button beside the file. Even if I try to delete it before I save the post. I get a popup error message that says something like "Action not allowed". If you upload the wrong photo by mistake how are you supposed to be able to replace it?

Ronnie,

I also sometimes get an "upload failed" alert as well, usually when I have taken a long time to create a post. Simply making the post and going back in via edit almost always allows me to upload additional images to the post.

If you can't delete a pic using the delete button, there's some problem I haven't seen before. My first suggestion would be to try using a different browser. Internet Explorer is the most troublesome in the regard, so if you're using IE, I suggest you try Firefox or Chrome.

"Action not allowed" messages most commonly occur when one is not logged in, so be sure your display name shows at the upper right indicating that you are logged in.

Just to test...

post-84444-0-70923500-1435597276_thumb.j

post-84444-0-95230900-1435597279_thumb.j

post-84444-0-63768500-1435597281_thumb.j

No problem uploading multiple images from my end. These were uploaded using the advanced uploader and were done in a single action.

If your computer has Flash 9 installed, suggest trying the advanced uploader option. It works a treat!

I would suggest that EVERYONE resize photos to less than 200 KB, it takes up less space. I am on dial-up and won't even click on a photo that is larger unless I desperately want to see it, which is rare. A pic sized at 1 MB takes over 5 minutes to download for viewing with dial-up. I miss out looking at alot of pics for that reason.

That top pic that gwells just posted at 190kb took 50 sec to load full size view. I am not willing to pay the prices demanded for broadband internet so I just live with it.

Edited by TexasJohn55 (see edit history)

Ronnie,

Using my new admin privileges (thanks, Peter!) I had no problems deleting your second picture in post #8; see above.

Here's the procedure I used:

Clicked "edit" to open the post.

Clicked "Use Full Editor" to make the attachments visible beneath the text block. Here's what that gives (now that I deleted the second pic):

post-84444-0-55541200-1435677774_thumb.j

I clicked the highlighted red "delete" word for the attachment I wanted to remove and the pic went away.

Is this the procedure you tried? What happens when you click "Delete" for the pic you wish to remove?

Ronnie,

Using my new admin privileges (thanks, Peter!) I had no problems deleting your second picture in post #8; see above.

Here's the procedure I used:

Clicked "edit" to open the post.

Clicked "Use Full Editor" to make the attachments visible beneath the text block. Here's what that gives (now that I deleted the second pic):

attachicon.gifssron.jpg

I clicked the highlighted red "delete" word for the attachment I wanted to remove and the pic went away.

Is this the procedure you tried? What happens when you click "Delete" for the pic you wish to remove?

Thanks for the help. I just did exactly as you described. When I click on delete a box pops up that says "Action Failed". I can't delete a photo I have uploaded before I save the post or going back to edit it.

Ronnie,

If you have Internet Explorer or Chrome loaded, try one of them and see if that makes a difference.

I'm pretty sure the problem is on your end, as opposed to the new forum software, since it works as it is supposed to for me (and I assume most others).

Guest Flyer1

To remove pictures/attachments.....click on your user name, click my settings, a new 'window" appears , click manage attachments , a list of all the attachments you have added will appear, to the right of the attachment will appear a check box, check the box related to attachment/s you wish to "delete"  and "delete selected".

Sounds like the upload problem is sorted and going on the allowable 19.53MB upload it does not take long to chew that up with large 

pictures so a re-size is not a bad idea if intending on adding quite a few pictures.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I could use some help on what went haywire. I'm a frequent poster on the BUICK Forum here and, for the first time, I can't seem to upload pictures as of yesterday in either the basic or advanced uploader settings. I never use the "advanced uploader" setting. I can "browse" and select a picture and select "attach this file", but the circular search icon keeps spinning and nothing happens. Does this appear to be a browser security setting or what? I also have trouble on the "paste" and "paste as plain text" functions.

How do I fix it? Thanks. 

Al Malachowski

I am not an expert on photo uploading but let me try...

When I attached a photo, the little spinning icon does seem to spin for a few seconds more than I would think it should but then it attached the file. 

I have no problem copying and pasting text into the text reply box.

I can only guess it is something with your computer, your browser, your internet service provider or your internet connectivity. 

post-90592-0-86766100-1443888014_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

I am not an expert on photo uploading but let me try...

When I attached a photo, the little spinning icon does seem to spin for a few seconds more than I would think it should but then it attached the file. 

I have no problem copying and pasting text into the text reply box.

I can only guess it is something with your computer, your browser, your internet service provider or your internet connectivity. 

To:  MCHinson,

You might have tried something but all you did was erase a 'saved reply' that I was going to upload a picture on. Nothing has changed and  I am still having the same problem. Let me know who I need to call or send a PM to, to fix this problem. I have no problem uploading pictures to other Forums. The spinning icon is still spinning in either basic or advanced settings. I've been uploading pictures on the BUICK FORUM for many years and this is the first time I've had a problem. Computer settings on my end haven't changed.

Al

Edited by 1953mack (see edit history)

I only replied to your post. I don't know what you mean by "erase a 'saved reply'". You might try sending a PM or an email to Peter Gariepy, the webmaster. Attaching photos still works fine for me on a PC running Windows 7.

post-90592-0-99546200-1445391453_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, I am trying to upload a 1934 to 1948 leaf spring catalogue that is full of useful information but I am getting "Failed to upload", "No file was selected to upload", etc at the end of each upload.  I get to 100% and then the error comes up in red.  The file is a 10 MB PDF, is this blocked in some way?  I want to make it available to everybody.

Thanks, Steve

Ronnie and 1953mack,

If it is any consolation, I have had the same problems for months, cannot upload and icon keeps spinning, cannot add or delete any images from previous file manager. Don't recall error messages, haven't tried in months. I am on dial-up which is painfully slow but it worked in 2014. The only image I successfully uploaded lately was my profile picture.                    TJ55