Maxwell? engine ID

Guest BLJ

I recently acquired an engine that I was told was a Maxwell. It has an engine # stamped on the block of F91135. Can anyone give me an idea of how to go about finding out what it is as far as make and year? The Maxwell forum hasn't been able to help so far. Thanks

Probably the reason that the Maxwell forum cannot help is that it may not be a Maxwell.

The starter is 1925 Chrysler 25-F or 1926 F-58

The generator is 1927 Chrysler 52

The question may really be which of these components has been switched or are the catalog listings accurate?

Your engine # falls in 1926 Chrysler.

Edited by Layden B (see edit history)

Semantics again but I don't think it is quite correct to say that Chrysler used the Maxwell while converting to the new 6.  They dropped the Chalmers 6 but kept the four cylinder engine as a low price model right through to 1932.  In that time they developed several six and eight cylinder lines.

post-153483-0-56256400-1435335155_thumb.post-153483-0-78710700-1435335164_thumb.

Thanks for the information. Jim it doesn't look like much. It's last duty was to power a cement mixer about 30 years ago. Engine still turns and the clutch/ trans still seem work. 

• 1 month later...

26 engine. This should settle it.

chysler-1926-engine.jpg

Hi,

I have 1925 Chrysler 58. I have not original ignition coil. If this Photo is from your car, Cann you mee give the Type and some other photos from Your ignition coil?

Thanks

marbeton