clevis rod for back brakes

I am trying to get 2 clevis rods for a 1929 chevrolet tourer. These rods are 6 inches or 160 mm long. The rods hold the front of the rear brakes, one for each side. Plus, if I can , a set of rear brake linings. At the moment the car does not stop, but just slows down. The clevis rod I have has a weld on the stem , above the lump, about 2 inches from the bottom, and this lump keeps the brake lining just away from the drum. Thanks, any help appreciate d.

For Parts I go here:

[url=http://www.fillingstation.com/]The Filling Station

Early Chevy Parts Gary Wallace is the Man to Talk with, has a good selection and collection of Parts n Pieces

Stanleys Parts Lonnie also has a good selection and collection of Parts n Pieces

you can also make your own brake linings if you can do the riveting

a few places offer a trade service, they send you a pair and you pay a core unless you return yours.

a good read up about items required is here on VCCA Stock Brakes

• 2 weeks later...

I posted on one of the other forums you made an inquiry on.  I see which clevis shackles you are looking for now.  In two local newsletters I posted a two year search for some to install a 29 axle in the 28 rp I am working on.   I like the 29 set up better, and have a 29 coupe for a pattern.   Very hard to find.  Finally gave up and will use 28 type in the 28 rp.  Gary Wallace at one point had a set for 29 but wanted a fair chunk of change for them.  True 29 material is getting harder to find, many more 28, and 30 models were saved than 29.  If you want to convert to 30 style we can probably set you up.  It may be difficult without an entire rear axle assembly since they were activated totally different from 29 and 30 so shipping to Au would probably be $$$.  

• 3 weeks later...

To Bearsfan315. I have looked up Chevy Parts but the clevis I am looking for is what you posted in the picture. Could you check to see if they are the same. I cannot seem to locate them elsewhere andthere is no picture. My pin is about 6 inches long while theirs are 1 and 3/4. Thanks for your help Phil.