1963 Riviera for sale on KC Craigslist.

my first riv

No pix is always a red flag for me.  I'm thinking this is a scam.

The listing says it has a 405 Auto, the details on the right say manual transmission.

Someone might need to talk to the seller.

I talked to Rick in Colorado this morning.  The car belonged to his late brother.  He gave me Dale's number in KC where the car is stored. Dale told me that the car has been in a garage for some time now.  A restoration was started before the owner died, hence the "bumper" notation.  Apparently the trim has also been removed but I'm told that it's all there.  I should be able to get a chance to take a look at it sometime later this week or next;  IF anyone is seriously interested.  If not, I'm not interested and I'm not inclined to drive across town to take pictures for a bunch of tire kickers.   :D  Or I could give you Dale's phone number.  He doesn't live where the car is stored, and no one would want to be in that neighborhood alone.  Perhaps he could take pictures for you.

Ed

Thanks Ed! I'm elbows deep into my own Riv, so I'm not interested either. Figured maybe someone could be interested since you don't see them for sale very often. For the price I'm not surprised by the condition you described but could be worth it to somebody looking for a Riv project to dirty their finger nails on lol.

Mark

Parts car? seriously? What can be seen in the picture and read in Eds description that would lower it to that level. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just not seeing a parts car, yet. Granted the surroundings are rough, but can't really tell that much about the car. I haven't heard the key word "rust' yet so in my book it would certainly still be a candidate for at least looking at as a project.   And the OBO lends it to possibly be able to be had for less even than the asking.

Mr. Earl or should I say Mr. Envious.

I just returned from Springfield.  Perfect unplanned timing on my part.  I got to watch the '53 Wildcat drivien out into the parking lot and watched while it was loaded on it's trailer.  Very impressive.

Send me a PM with your mailing address; I picked up a "53 Wildcat" souvenir for you.  You'll be even more of a fan.

Ed