Continental Kit

Guest Rich R

Guest Rich R

Can anyone tell me, better yet, post a picture, of how the retainer ring on the 1956 continental kit is held in place? I think I am missing a spring or clip of some sort.

Thanks, Rich

I assume you are talking about the tread ring. There is no spring or clip that the factory used. The key is having a correct sized tire (modern sized radials can cause problems), deflate the tire, assemble rings and inflate tire. People have used springs to hold it together...just depends on what you are doing with your car.

Tim

Guest Rich R

Tim, so I am still confused. There are two slots where the ring comes together. I would have thought something would hook the ends together. I don't believe pressure would keep the chrome retainer in place.

Thanks, Rich

Guest Rich R

Paul, thanks the picture helps give me an option. I contacted the folks at Casco in Ohio and they said the was never any kind of clamp. Bu something had to hold it someway.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Rich

Mine had no holes to speak of and the assembly diagrams show no clamps or devices. Having no problems with mine holding together. Think the tread piece can get spread out over use and time...some are good, some are bad. In that case some type of clamp needs to be used.

Good luck.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...