I have a puzzle that I hope some of you can help solve. I bought this toy display case years ago and don't know anything about it. It is 36" wide, 12" high and 9" deep with a plexi front cover. The top of the case says Snap-On Building 1. I have googled the case and cannot find anything about it. When was it made? How rare is it? Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Frank

post-76174-0-13836200-1433248576_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hey Frank,

I can't answer any of your questions because I don't know either ... HOWEVER, that is AWESOME!

Seems it is a vintage display case from Snap-On Tools, formerly Snap-On Wrench Co.  Not sure if this will be of any assistance to you or not, but I found these ebay items:
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/snap-on-diorama

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"My eyes to the seasons" __ David Cook __ 'Light On'

As far as rarity is concerned, it's more than likely a one-of-a-kind. I believe it is a relatively recent (within the past 20 years) build, as I know that there was a gentleman offering to build them in any configuration the customer wanted. Usually with miniature posters/sales literarture/ signs, etc. on the walls.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Snap On sold these 13-15 years ago. Cant remember, I have one or two. They made several types and were to entice mechanics to display there Snap On trucks. Most of the toy trucks where given away on a -but his tool set- and receive a free model Snap On truck. So there was a big expense to get the trucks, unless someone needed the tool set and you could get the truck ( that's what I did)

Steve

• Like 1