Need help with a part I got..

nick8086

I think I bought a 51 H/J 6 cylinder without overdrive rear end..  Now I have to make sure I have the right part...  Not much car stuff going on with all the rain...

Today.:

We took a tour of the local college that had a Automotive Technology program. I asked a student about a H/J..    What is that???  He never heard of it...

I like to send my son here:

http://www.mcpherson.edu/autorestoration/institute/

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

Not sure if they still have Summer  Classes for the public: 

McPherson College

First week classes are:
Automotive Electrical Systems (troubleshooting, tune-ups, 12V conversions, more)
Automotive Paint (theory and practice of modern paint systems)
The Finishing Touches (Wood graining, pin striping, brass, stainless, and aluminum repair and polishing)
Upholstery and Trim, Chassis Restoration (basic operation of steering, suspension, brake systems, and frames. Includes hands-on tear down and assembly of components on a typical American vehicle)
Sheet Metal Restoration (TIG, MIG, Oxy-acetylene welding, English wheel, metal finishing)

Second week classes are:
Automotive Paint (theory and practice of modern automotive Paint systems)
Sheet Metal Restoration (TIG, MIG, Oxy-acetylene welding, English wheel, metal finishing)
Engine Babbitting(covers different types of Babbitt and the equipment needed to restore bearings in early engines. We will pour and bore several during the week. Please contact us about bringing your own engine!)
Manual Transmissions and Drive train (rebuilding manual transmissions and axles)
Engine Overhaul (Learn engine rebuilding with the guidance of our expert restoration faculty-Project engines are supplied by the College).

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)