Beautiful '79 Park Avenue on eBay

wildcatsrule

Couldn't post the link, but item # is 261904663041. The nicest low mileage '79 Park Avenue I've ever seen. Already at $13K with six days to go. It will be interesting to see how much it goes for.

Guest my3buicks

The color is stunning, probably the most striking one of these I have seen.  It's obviously not to much for some people or it would not be sitting where it is.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

The interior color kills it for me.

I don't like the "detail" job done on the engine. As far as climate controlling, the engine compartment reaches some high temps during operation. I haven't seen many low mileage engines that look good after so many years unless they're wiped down regularly. My '01 Crown Vic with over 185K miles looks way better but that's only because I wipe everything down during oil changes.

Guest my3buicks

I have noticed the paint on the engine compartment items did not hold up as well in the late 70's and beyond compared to the paint used on the older ones.  Seemed to be a much lighter coating of paint.

Guest my3buicks

I have personally seen Cadillacs that FleetofCads have sold and they are not smoke and mirrors detailed, their detailing is thorough and impeccable and most importantly they do not do anything to disturb originality.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

I looked in "The Buick A Complete History" to find out how many Park Avenues were made in '79, but the Park Avenue was a trim level within the Limited series and not a seperate model, so production numbers do not separate out the Park Avenue edition cars. The number of 1979 Electra Series four door Limited sedans produced was 76,340. I don't imagine that a large percentage of these were Park Avenues, but hard to say how many were made.

The comments gave me a flashback to 1978 when I paid $2,000 for my '64 Riviera. The real "in the know" group showed pity for my foolishness and were sure to tell me that I could buy the best for $1,000 easily. I wonder if a 30 year old kid working the swing shift in a power plant bought it. It surely wouldn't have been a seasoned expert. They are too smart to overpay.

All my bargains belong to someone else today. The cars I overpaid for I KEPT. Trust me.

Bernie

I like it but question how the engine compartment sustained such paint damage if the car sat in a climate controlled garage?

My 76 Limited only has 3,500 miles, garaged and never saw a drop of rain. Concrete floors 'sweat' from what I was told. Or, possibly a pressure washer with too high water pressure can take off loose paint and muck hiding the missing paint.

Edited by Sweet64rivi (see edit history)
  • Like 1