Torx shoulder bolt

Guest HuevosRanchero

Guest HuevosRanchero

anybody have a source for the torx shoulder bolts for the flip up headlamp hinges?  I cobbled one together out of parts and its working wonderfully. Would like the proper part if possible when I get around to the full headlamp refurb.

hingebolt.jpg

Guest HuevosRanchero

could it be this? in the GM online parts. No picture.

Buick.gif Genuine Original Equipment Replacement Parts 1991 Buick Reatta Base All Vehicles - 1991 - Buick Reatta Base ELECTRICAL - FRONT LAMPS - HEADLAMP COMPONENTS -Pivot pin Buick Genuine Factory Part
Part Number: 16508143 

Pivot pin 

Fits 1991 Buick Reatta Base MSRP
$3.62 Online Price
$3.62    

Guest Corvanti

i think i have one - if it takes a 30 Torx and if bolt total length is 1 1/2", with a plastic piece that goes over most of the "thick part"... i tried to attach a pic but the new format apparently doesn't let me post pics from my "library". :(

PM me with an address and i'll mail it to you. might as well order one of those from GM Parts Direct and let everybody know if that is the same. unless someone already knows that! :)

Guest HuevosRanchero

i think i have one - if it takes a 30 Torx and if bolt total length is 1 1/2", with a plastic piece that goes over most of the "thick part"... i tried to attach a pic but the new format apparently doesn't let me post pics from my "library". :(

PM me with an address and i'll mail it to you. might as well order one of those from GM Parts Direct and let everybody know if that is the same. unless someone already knows that! :)

I figured I'd give the order a whirl it's only 3 bux and then we'll know.  If it's not I'll take you up on the offer. My temp fix seems to be working quite well but I'd like to recondition the headlight assemblies fully once the parking brake is settled. Oddly the headlamp motors look very newish or at least reconditioned...missing several niggling pieces of hardware (mostly nuts).  Thx for you gracious offer, I'll let you know something soon.

P.S. I've been using supermotors site for picture hosting...it make's things easy especially when sharing on multiple forums.

Edited by HuevosRanchero (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HuevosRanchero

Hadnt heard anything so I looked up my order and it was cancelled..looks like they are unobtainable.