2 1949s and a 1954

Earl B.

While looking around craigslist, I found the following which look interesting.  None are mine and know no more that what I've read....

1949 Riviera 2 dr coupe-- http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5033575051.html

1954 Roadmaster 4dr sedan-- http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4982189554.html

The 1949 Super no longer came up on Craigslist, so I removed it. No need to go to a blank page. Earl

Edited by Earl B. (see edit history)

Imperial, I well understand about that '49 Riviera.... Now, if I could just find that gold mine, it'd be mine!!!

And I even found Mr.Earl that pretty '54 Roadmaster. He may say nothing, but I bet he's drooling, even he has a real

beauty. You know, he doesn't want them all, just he ones he doesn't already have... hahaha......Earl

• 5 months later...

So I contacted this guy. Wow! Sounded good at first, but then I asked about the title.....

Me: Your ad says clear title, that means in your name, easily transferable?

Him: yes

Me: ok, Ive run into a few "clear titles" that are signed wrong, or from 1970 with no trace of the last owner, etc

Him: Go find another one. I will deal locally. Have good day.thanks.i dont have time for b.s. And rhetoric. my title is clear-and so is my conscience-God bless-take care.

Sheesh!

No wonder he hasn't sold it and has had to lower the price.  I guess he never scammed anyone in his point of view so no one should question his integrity, regardless of all the weird things we keep hearing about just about daily.

So I contacted this guy. Wow! Sounded good at first, but then I asked about the title.....

Me: Your ad says clear title, that means in your name, easily transferable?

Him: yes

Me: ok, Ive run into a few "clear titles" that are signed wrong, or from 1970 with no trace of the last owner, etc

Him: Go find another one. I will deal locally. Have good day.thanks.i dont have time for b.s. And rhetoric. my title is clear-and so is my conscience-God bless-take care.

Sheesh!

:)  So I'm not the only one. My line is usually "Go buy THE other one." Always remember, it's not your particular question that triggers a response like that. It is those whom came before you. Like the old TV show Name That Tune, just the first few notes and you recognize the whole familiar song.

The guy probably thought "binary question, binary answer."

Honestly, if I had seen the clever pricing tactic I would have just laughed and said "I ain't calling this guy. I know him."

I have been looking for a car for my wife and looking at ads. The ones listed for $1 or $10 with zeros missing (well, the seller doesn't count) or mileage with three zeros missing (132 instead of 132,000), hell,the last two digits 95 and 99 irritate me. Sellers, people in general, wear their personality right on the surface. They provide great entertainment on Craigslist. And they don't even know.

I know I'm bad. I was trained by experience.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I have been looking for a car for my wife and looking at ads.

Bernie

Bernie,

There's a guy trying to sell a couple of early 90's Rivieras over on the ROA forum. I know him well, and the cars are in excellent shape.  I'm sure your wife would be interested in one of them.  He's a nice guy, too.

Thanks, she wouldn't even wear the nice (I thought) Riviera ear rings I bought here; or the Cadillac ones. We are trying to replace her much loved Infiniti SUV. She perked up on a Rainier V8. And if she will go for a car I have a couple of LaCrosse Supers and Lucerne CXS 8's lined up. If we end up with the Lucerne I can deal with the Northstar. I'll just roll up $3500 and stick it in a coffee can in the garage marked Murphy's Law-Northstar. We should be good.

Probably an FX35 in the end.

Bernie

• Like 1

Without hearing ones TONE OF VOICE, I/we can't say for sure how the question was poised, or the response was handled.

One might say, " sir, nothing personal, but I have experienced some so called clear titles that weren't really that clear, so Iv'e learned to ask in more detail."  NOTHING PERSONAL. 

He may have been a jerk, but I would need to know more.

Dale in Indy