Ornamental Radiator caps

Blunderbuss

I got these caps in a pile of parts that I dug out of a barn. I'd love to know more about them, how old are they, how rare are they, are they valuable....

The air plane has a light inside, and the windows will light up on it. The RAC emblem has paint, not porcelain.

post-153541-0-75029300-1433129333_thumb.

post-153541-0-34366700-1433129460_thumb.

post-153541-0-18177000-1433129551_thumb.

That's what I suspected. I couldn't find any exact duplicates of these on line. How common are these, and what is a good approximate value? I'm trying to value my barn find purchases to see how I did on the whole lot. Thank you for your help!

You may want to go to Ebay and type in, "vintage radiator cap" or "vintage hood ornament" and see what is there to compare. Then click on the "completed listings" section of Ebay in the left side column and see what some others have sold for.

That, I don't know. The RAC badge would probably be from the UK. Perhaps contact the RAC? this is their website;

https://www.royalautomobileclub.co.uk/

They started in the late 1890's, and had branches in most of the British colonies. The original badges of this type that I've seen always have the member number of the automobile club stamped on the base, facing upwards. Sorry, I can't help much more than that.