Roadster or cut down coupe??

karasmer

I think this car is a 29 Plymouth roadster, it had no doors so I am not sure, maybe a cut down coupe?.

That dashboard piece in the second photo tells us that the car was a closed car such as a coupe or convertible coupe. The open cars had a different upper dashboard.

• 1 month later...

Well I have been going through all the loose parts and found many that go to the 29, looks to be a model U coupe with landau bars, engine number U22844 with a lower block stamping of 2.19.9 Take it to mean Feb. 19,1929? best part is the cowl posts were not hacked off there was a trim piece that covers the openings. Still trying to do the forensics on a few more wood and metal pieces. Worst part is the drivers door which was hacked off at the bottom but in the extra parts pile are two others with the same beltline but diff. dimensions, must have been the previous owners intention to fab up the missing section from these doors. Engine looks like it should run (carb. opening was covered in aluminum foil) and looks very complete also the driveline looks to have been gone through. Sure would like to get that door from Plymouth Rust who posted back in Oct. 14 with a similar project.