Odd 91 Reatta option codes/build

tbenvie

Have a couple more hours work to complete the 1991 Reatta Build database but just entered the data from this car.  It has a number of odd RPO codes, color override, axle, etc.  The car is a coupe VIN 1137, white, black molding, gold stripe, CD, sunroof, no 16 way seats. The interior codes are as follows:

66F COVERING COLOR - FLOOR MAT, MED BEECHWOOD (66F)

66I INTERIOR TRIM,MEDIUM BEECHWOOD (66I)

664 TRIM COMBINATION LEATHER, MED BEECHWOOD (664)

669 SEAT BELT COLOR,MEDIUM BEECHWOOD (669)

Except, this one:

134 TRIM COMBINATION,LEATHER,LT SLATE GRAY (134)

and instead of a "Color override" code it has this:

1PP PAINT SCHEME - 1 5

And that's not all.  How about this one:

H19 AXLE,REAR,23000 LBS,EATON 23070T,TWO SPEED 23070T EATON R/AXL(H19)

And it has all these, the only car so far with any of them, let alone all of them:

41 Unknown

1BD Unknown

1BU Unknown

401 Unknown

570 Unknown

956 Unknown

957 Unknown

96 Unknown

0 Unknown

P.. Unknown

S19 Unknown

The car was built April 11, 1991 along with a number of other Reattas that day

Any thoughts?

Edited by tbenvie (see edit history)

I am not sure where you are getting your input.    I suspect Compnine........ and they often have errors, but most of their errors are in the number built.     This cars info appears to be more than an error,  it looks scrambled.

Give me the last digits of the vin and I will see if I have a GM print out..... since it is white,  I may not.   

Not Compnine, from GM.  Already gave the VIN last 4 but here is the whole thing:

1G4EC13L7MB901137

I know it looks odd-that is why I posted it.  It is the only one that looks like this so far and I have less than a 100 left to enter.    The first digits are the RPO codes. 

I looked for the axle code RPO H19 and found it was also used on the Kodiak and Grand Prix for 1991.

I just ran an AutoCheck report and the car was last registered 03/19/2014 in GENESEO, IL.  It looks like it has been there it's entire life, a one owner car.

Edited by tbenvie (see edit history)

I happen to have 1137 in my file and I made a note at the top "Lots of strange # "

If someone has the ability to check CarFax,  that would at least tell us the car was sold to the public.   Who knows we might be able to track it down and solve the mystery.

And now I have a sudden inexplicable craving for a bowl of fruity pebbles. Really Ronnie, did you have to dredge that thing up? This car with very strange RPO codes could really use some inspection and documenting in person if the owner could be located and was willing to accomodate a cursory look over and verification of the SPID. Otherwise we may never know what was done to this car or if the codes listed are truly correct.

KDirk

AutoCheck is similar to CarFax.  It shows the car was registered every year in GENESEO, IL.  from 1992 to 2014.

Huh.  Geneseo.  Could very well have been purchased new at the same dealership my car was.

Edit: Well maybe not.  There is a Buick dealership in Geneseo.

Edited by wws944 (see edit history)