2016 Buick Club of America 50th Anniversary Event

Peter Gariepy is testing the registration software before handing over to the registrar. I suggest sending him a PM. He may not be watching this thread.

I would be more than happy to follow up with him myself if you would prefer.

Thanks,

Talked with Peter he is working on it, will take a week or 2, let's hope not!

• Like 1

Guest Jeff 1952

All credit cards do but AMEX....High service charge/low customer service.  I'll loan you my VISA, RV!  JB

I just used the online form to register for the 2016 BCA Celebration. Wow, that worked slick. At this time, I did NOT reserve any swap meet spaces. I may want to do that in the future. At that time, can I go back to the registration site, fill my name info in, and then scroll down and simply reserve the spaces....or do I have to make a phone call to get that done? Thanks. John

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Guest Jeff 1952

Buick Club Meeting and the 2016 50th Anniversary Celebration:

For those of you who wish to host a meeting during the 2016 Celebration in Allentown, please contact me @  Jeff1952@tts-us.com

I will need the following:

Group Name

Size of the Group

Date

Time

We will then assign you a space and make your meeting a part of the Event.  Thank you...JB

I just registered on line and we are bringing our '32 67S.  I would pay extra just to be invited to Bulgari's property to see his cars plus getting to use the estate for the event. I have heard some say there could be 750 -1000 Buick's in attendance so I am not going to miss it, assuming good health and weather a year from now. :D 

post-81093-0-75815600-1434773150_thumb.j

post-81093-0-20054500-1434773176_thumb.j

• Like 1

I did not register my car the first time around.

When trying to register the car going to the site a second time, it will not let me register the car without charging

me a second time to register.

So it means I would have to pay $95 instead of $60.

I did not register my car yet, but I did register myself at the $35 fee.

Anyone have an answer to this problem?

Guest Jeff 1952

We have been working on this celebration since 2013 and we are excited to be Cruising into Allentown in 2016.

Pictures will be posted soon of the Show Site so all might see, where we will be.

Thursday evening, everyone who attends the Dorney Park cookout will get a souvenir picture of you and your classic/collector Buick as a keep sake. Of course, if you want to join me on a roller coaster, you are welcome to do that too.

JB 

I just attempted to register online and it seems to be hung up on the address.  I suspect a state is required, but when I switch the country to Canada, it doesn't revert to Canadian provinces.

It took me a couple days to coordinate the family around the tours to see what we wanted to do...once it added up the numbers, we may need to re-think this...registration over $1000.  Sigh.  I don't mind the per car cost.  Granted, on at least some of the tours lunch is included, so I should factor that in.

$3.99 for extra people 18+?  Does anyone care to explain?  The kids can't drink in the U.S. at that age, so I don't entirely think of them as adults at that point...and that keeps us away from the winery tour.

I'm not complaining (well, perhaps a little).  It was just a bit of a shock...at least the registration issue allows for some sober second thought (at least until I crack the Appleton).

On another note, the North American Garden Tourism Conference list of top 10 North American gardens worth travelling for are near the meet.  One is Chanticleer Garden in Wayne, PA (north of Pittsburgh, about an hour from Allentown according to Google Maps) and the other is Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA (SW of Pittsburgh, about 1.5 hours from Allentown according to Google Maps).

If someone is into gardens, I'd think these would be worthy of consideration for a side trip.

• Like 1

On another note, the North American Garden Tourism Conference list of top 10 North American gardens worth travelling for are near the meet.  One is Chanticleer Garden in Wayne, PA (north of Pittsburgh, about an hour from Allentown according to Google Maps) and the other is Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA (SW of Pittsburgh, about 1.5 hours from Allentown according to Google Maps).

If someone is into gardens, I'd think these would be worthy of consideration for a side trip.

Thanks for that info Derek, we have visited several gardens while on trips to the Nationals.

So, I'm looking through the registration form, and I have a couple of questions. The tours look they are bused, is this true, or are they driving tours, or some combination?

Also, will our cars be available for us to use, if we want to drive to see other sights that are not part of the organized tours?

Will there be shuttle buses to and from the Compound?

Thanks.

Keith

Buicknutty.

I will try to answer your question. Bus trips will be to Hershey, Philadelphia, Martin Guitar, etc.and the Winery. but you can do all on your on own.  The covered bridge tour is an organized tour in smaller groups on your own.  Have you looked at the summary on the web site?

John

I have looked at the info on the website, but I cannot open the brochure on my computer, for some reason. I have printed the registration form, which is where I have got most of my info. Is there another summary that I have either missed or cannot see?

Keith

Guest Jeff 1952

Good Friday Morning!

First, let's change the word Compound to Complex as it sounds better.

Second, our plan is to make the entrance and exit available everyday so that you may use your cars for transportation. Isn't that what they are built to do?  Drive.  Every gate will have Security and every car registrant will have an assigned parking space, by year, grouped together.

Third, once we see where everyone is staying, there WILL be shuttle bus transportation to some facilities. I am not yet saying all, because I don't know yet, what all will be.

The tour buses will leave and return to the Bulgari Complex which should make the pick up and delivery a simple task.

Happy Fourth O' July.

JB

Just looking for clarification - will members' cars be on display all 4 days at Bulgari or just on Saturday?  Also will the flea market be open all 4 days at Bulgari? It's not clear from the website/PDFs. Will there be shuttle buses going to Bulgari from the host hotel?

Thanks, Dave

Very good questions. Looking forward to the response.

I am looking to bring my 41 Roadmaster. I would like to drive there but I am afraid of rain. Is there anyone who knows if there are local transports from New England? Also, not real keen on driving I-95 through CT and NY. Thanks

Guest Jeff 1952

Show Field:    Everyone who brings a car to the 2016 Celebration, will have a PRE-Assigned Parking space/place on the show field. Think AACA. Prior to your arrival in Allentown, you will have a show field map (soon to be posted on the web site) and a corresponding assigned parking space by year. This will be your parking place throughout the Allentown week. You may come and go as your please and we will have security at each of the entrances/exits to assist you.

Flea Market/Swap Meet:  You may enjoy the Fleas, Wednesday through Saturday, and Brian will be hosting vendors both inside and outside, as we do at the National Meet.

Shuttle Buses:  I have RE-copied my comment from above:  Third, once we see where everyone is staying, there WILL be shuttle bus transportation to some facilities. I am not yet saying all, because I don't know yet, what all will be.

JB

Thank you for the answers so far. So, just to make things more complicated, I will likely register my '56 Roadmaster, and will be drving from Toronto, Ontario, but what if for some reason I need to bring another vintage Buick. You will have assigned me a place based on that car, but what if I show up in my '41 Roadmaster?

Thanks, again.

Keith

Guest Canadian Buick Mogul

Could the organizer advise what is meant by the "RV Hookups" tab on the registration form?

I just registered, am from Canada, and am considering travelling to the show in my motorhome and trailering the Buick.

Would we be at the Bulgari show field or in close proximity?

Would we have electric or other service hookups?

How many sites are there available?

Would it be possible to advise a rough size of the lot?

Are dogs permitted? He stays in the motorhome most of the time.

Thank-You

Registered on line last night. Very easy. Confirmation already received.  Thanks to Mike Book for answering some meet questions I had.  I echo the sentiments of others that with JB and Mr. Bulgari  putting things together, this will be one great celebration.

Guest Jeff 1952

Some answers to the questions above:

1.  The RV request is off to Keith and Christina for better definition than we have on the Registration.

2.  There are always car "issues" with "I register this and I end up driving that". Although Registration may be closed when you make the switch, my preference is that you let us know, when you know, so that we might make the change timely.  We always have a show field with ebb and flow.

JB

Guest Jeff 1952

I would recommend Allentown KOA, http://www.discoverlehighvalley.com/405/stay/campgrounds/allentown-koa-campground/

or Evergreen Lakes, http://www.discoverlehighvalley.com/116/stay/campgrounds/evergreen-lakes/

Both are approximately 13 miles from the show grounds.

------------------------------
Nancy Signorovitch, Relationships Manager

840 Hamilton St. | Suite 200 | Allentown PA 18101

p 610-882-9200 | f 610-882-0343