2016 Buick Club of America 50th Anniversary Event

I thought I read here that the event was open to the public, is that true? I have a fellow BCA member who will be attending with his wife, but he isn't bringing a car. He was told that he would not be able to enter the show to see the cars on Saturday. I was going to put them in the back of the limo and bring them in with me, but even that, I understand, is verboten.

I'm almost sure I read here that it was open admission on Saturday. Is that not true? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

I read that Saturday is open to the public for a $5.00 donation.  From the Bugle.

Showing of Beautiful Buicks

Saturday, July 30  •  9:00 am-3:00 pm •  Free for BCA members Bulgari Celebration of the American Motorcar Complex (Entrance fee for non-members to be donated to America On Wheels: $5 adult/$2 kids & military) BCA members are the invited guests of Nicoli Bulgari for a special day of viewing both his collection of cars and our own Beautiful BCA Buicks. There will be no formal judging, but THERE WILL BE INFORMAL JUDGING to pick “Best of Show” by decades, as well as other awards. The awards will be presented at the BCA Celebration Banquet held on Saturday night.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

Guest Jeff 1952

For Buick Club registrants, the Bulgari collection will be open, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  His collection will NOT be open Saturday to the Public.  Rather, the Public is invited on Saturday, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, to enjoy the Buick Club of America's beautiful Buicks.

4 hours ago, Jeff 1952 said:

The flea market is under a tent in the grass.

The attire is Business Casual.

to clarify the indoor spaces are in a tent on asphalt

the outdoor spaces are on grass. Vendors are welcome to set up tents as long as they are entirely contained within their space.

3 minutes ago, 38Buick 80C said:

to clarify the indoor spaces are in a tent on asphalt

the outdoor spaces are on grass. Vendors are welcome to set up tents as long as they are entirely contained within their space.

Thanks Brian ,

That sounds great for the outside venders !

Bill 

16 hours ago, Jeff 1952 said:

For Buick Club registrants, the Bulgari collection will be open, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  His collection will NOT be open Saturday to the Public.  Rather, the Public is invited on Saturday, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, to enjoy the Buick Club of America's beautiful Buicks.

So BCA members who didn't register in advance won't be able to see Mr. Bulgari's collection? No registration onsite? Sorry to belabor the point, but there is some conflicting information above.

Thanks

I am also trying to get clarification. I am coming up Friday, unfortunately without my car. I did not pre-register. Jeff said: " Please make sure you have your BCA credentials at all times.  This is private property and until Saturday, open to BCA registered guests only. " I am not sure where my BCA card is, but I can bring a Bugle, which has my info on the front. Is that good enough? Do I have to go to 801 Ellsworth and register to get onto the field on Friday?

Cheers, Dave

Guest Jeff 1952

When you come to the Buick Club of America Registration room, which is at located at 801 Ellsworth, you will receive everything you need to get on the show field.

As long as you are an active member of the BCA, you do not need to bring anything with you. We have everything at Registration for your Beautiful Buick show.

Guest Jeff 1952

From Buick:   Thank you Jeff. And, my compliments to you and the rest of the BCA, it was a great gathering yesterday.

From a Buick Club member today:  

Thank you for releasing the show field early, wow that is heavy rain, it would have been tough to get people out.

WHAT A WEEKEND

The trip back to Long Island although rather short compared to some members journeys, ended up being pretty much like the last couple of evenings  RAIN!!

Well as we all know there is nothing we can do about the weather.

To Mr Bulgari, the BCA board, and all the members and volunteers who helped run the event we thank you for all your hard work!

What a great time. What a wonderful venue. What Beautiful Automobiles

I can tell you that all the Long Island Chapter members who attended had a great time.

My only question is when the National returns to the Northeast is there a chance it will be here? one can only hope!

Thanks again

Marty Jablonski

Director Long Island Chapter

• Like 3

I would like to throw a few of my thoughts out here and say a few things about the meet.  The meet facilities were simply great.  I got to meet Mr. Bulgari personally and shake his hand.  I thanked him for what he did with this meet for the club.  The grounds lent themselves perfectly for a show like this.  The thing for me though was the being able to meet face to face folks that I have emailed, written to, and talked on the phone with for years.  The cars are great, but, the friendships that have been made over the years puts the icing on the cake for me.  I got to meet my friend, Wolfgang, from Austria.  Got to meet Derek Thille "Thriller" in the flesh.  A whole lot of 'blokes' were there from Australia.  A bunch of those guys stayed in the hotel where I was staying.  I met some great new friends and life is good as they say.  The rain on Saturday sure put a damper on things.  I heard on the national news this morning that the Philadelphia area got a huge amount of rain over the weekend.  I ran in rain all the way to the airport in Philly from Allentown.  I sure wish that Lamar Brown could have been there - I would have really liked to meet him in person.  All in all, it was a very good meet and I think a good time was had by all.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 2

I too had a great time at the meet.  The organization and support were fantastic.  I especially liked the format of all cars grouped by era.  Made it very interesting to see restored and original cars side by side.  We met a lot of new folks and was able to catch up with those on the forums and past shows.  All in all, it was a really fun time.  Thanks everyone who took the time to volunteer to make it such a great success.

• Like 4

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 5:11 AM, Jeff 1952 said:

Safe travels to everyone today as you head back to your Buick garage.

Had a GREAT time - very well done - great show, location, collection and so on. I know it was a ton of work but it came out great! Got to meet some of my online pals there in person, Orwig, Starry, etc. Program and poster were fantastic. (I am a Bennetts' customer and former employee. They were so pleased.) Really like the special coin and books from Nicola Bulgari - very thoughtful to hand them out personally to each guest! A big THANK YOU to all involved.

red 42.jpg

Y-Job - Bulgari.jpg

• Like 2

Congratulations everyone!  I enjoyed being a guest at your great meet and actually got to drive a 41 Buick Limited onto the show field.  That was an honor.  Great seeing so many AACA people at the meet and getting to know new people. Jeff obviously was the right man for the job and all the others who helped manage the meet are to be commended.  Highlight for me was seeing the Buick Bug running....pretty cool even for a jaded old timer!

AACA expects to be at the same complex in a couple of years for our Annual Grand National Meet.

Again, congrats to all involved and to all the members who brought their great cars to Allentown. 

• Like 3

Steve,

Thanks for your kind comments.  Much appreciated from a still dedicated to the cousin, Olds brand.  As one partially involved with the bus tours, I have not heard much feedback on the AACA museum and library tours.  Hope our Buick family enjoyed themselves.  I will pass any comments to you and Chris when I hear anything. 

I have to look up the rules and see if my car is eligible for a Grand National Meet. 

I saw you a time or two but now that I am a bit slow with a cane, I can not move as quickly as I would like. So I missed an opportunity to say hello.

John D. Scheib

Guest Paul Cichon

To all the members of BCA involved in the national meet and to Mr. Bulgari and his team of staff and volunteers a hearty congratulations on pulling off such a large and complicated event! The organizational talents of all involved was very evident.  Thank you all!!

John, next time throw a rock.  It is I who missed the opportunity!  Our librarians and entire staff enjoyed the buses to our building.  Got to meet some AACA members, a few new memberships were sold to BCA folks and they took advantage of our garage sale of excess Buick literature.  The participants got to see our national trophy room and the trophies that are for Buicks...the BHA sponsored one of them.

Your car has to be a Senior winner to attend the AGNM and you must have won it in the year prior to the AGNM. 

It was a wonderful meet and an honor to be there. The great friends old and new make it memorable. A huge thank you and complete respect and admiration for what Mr. Bugari has acomplished and done for American automotive history. I will share my post of pictures on the AACA Face Book page.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Terry Wiegand said:

I would like to throw a few of my thoughts out here and say a few things about the meet.  The meet facilities were simply great.  I got to meet Mr. Bulgari personally and shake his hand.  I thanked him for what he did with this meet for the club.  The grounds lent themselves perfectly for a show like this.  The thing for me though was the being able to meet face to face folks that I have emailed, written to, and talked on the phone with for years.  The cars are great, but, the friendships that have been made over the years puts the icing on the cake for me.  I got to meet my friend, Wolfgang, from Austria.  Got to meet Derek Thille "Thriller" in the flesh.  A whole lot of 'blokes' were there from Australia.  A bunch of those guys stayed in the hotel where I was staying.  I met some great new friends and life is good as they say.  The rain on Saturday sure put a damper on things.  I heard on the national news this morning that the Philadelphia area got a huge amount of rain over the weekend.  I ran in rain all the way to the airport in Philly from Allentown.  I sure wish that Lamar Brown could have been there - I would have really liked to meet him in person.  All in all, it was a very good meet and I think a good time was had by all.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Um, we sat together with you and the Schramm's at the banquet last year in Springfield. I guess I make that much of an impression :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Just a few more comments. The bad first, this is not really the Club's fault, but the parking people at the fairgrounds tried to kick me out of the registered members parking lot. I was asked on the way in, and I pointed to the decal on my windshield, and was let in, no problem. After I parked and we were heading inside someone yells, "Get that SUV out of there, it doesn't belong", I yelled back that it does belong. "IT" being the 2002 Buick Rendezvous. Then the guy sends a security guy to me to kick me out, so I have to go back out to my car to show security my decal, and dash card, then he said, "that's OK then" Some anxiety I sure could of done without.

More good things.

It was great to see some people that I had not seen for several years, and the forum Happy Hour was neat, as I met folks that I have known from the forum for years, but had never met. Also, though of course it nice to renew friendships, we make new ones too. I've found that it doesn't matter if you don't know anyone when you get there, you will know many by the time you leave. Rich or poor, large collection, or small, we are all joined together in our love for these great cars. And that's all that matters.

Keith

• Like 4

Derek, what banquet last year?  Springfield is where now?  Well, Duh!!  You should have said something to jog the old memory.  I had people pulling me in about 15 different directions at this show.  And I have slept a couple of times since then.  Yes indeed you should have said something about that Saturday.  I do remember that now that you have mentioned it.

Sorry about that oversight.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 2

This was among the finest automotive events that I've ever attended.  During the course of the meet, I kept saying to myself that I could not imagine having missed this.

The location and organization were first-class in every respect.

Is there any means by which we can send personal thank you notes to Mr. Bulgari?  I'd love to thank him for his great generosity to our club.

• Like 2

Guest Jeff 1952

Thank you to ALL the Buick Club members that put Allentown on their "must attend" list of 2016 car shows. 

I too, believe this was one of the finest events that I have ever had the privilege to be associated with and I can tell you the Book & Brashares Team are very grateful for all of your kind comments.

I've sort of been waiting for the dust to settle and to decompress a bit after the long weekend, and I wasn't sure where to post my gratitude and thanks, so it's here. Organizers and volunteers, you guys did a fantastic job. Thank you for all the overtime and hard work that nobody ever notices or appreciates, but I know you did it. You guys rock. Thanks to everyone who brought some high-grade cars, it was a genuine thrill to see some of the cars that were there, many of which we'll never see again.

Also, I very much enjoyed meeting so many forum friends, some of whom I've known for 15 years or more but had never met face to face. Adam, Bill, Mike, Keith, Earl, Steve, Will, Doug, Derek, Larry, Nick, Tom and others, it was awesome to meet all of you face-to-face. Thanks for making the time to hang out with us!

Jeff, you should be very proud of the event, it was fantastic!

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I would like to join Matt Harwood in his comment about how wonderful this Buick Meet was.  I took 156 pictures of cars, and it was a wonderful show.  I wish I had been able to get my car there.  It was registered, but I was unable to get the car up from Florida at the last minute. 

• Like 1

Some of you know my bride of 55+ years tripped over the dishwasher door that was down.  She fell and in doing such twisted, hit the refrig, then hard floor.  Messed up her hip, and arm, has been receiving treatments the past 30 days, had a hard time walking, but doing very well NOW.

I considered coming by myself, but she needed me to help out.  Sharon is a wonderful gal, everyone LOVES Sharon, she was looking forward to meeting all of you, she is my sounding board, so feels like she knows you all.  

I had my Buick models set to show you, but it just didn't work out.  OUR LOSS!  The 41 Limited was ready to.  Just really getting started on the 1/4th scale 35" long model of the 1919 Buick Bug, so, Dale, time to get with the PROGRAM, huh?

Happy though that you all had a great time.

Dale in Indy

• Like 1

Like Dale, wife could not be left alone so long. Taking care of her is a full time "labor of LOVE". 

I did follow all posts . Sometimes checking hourly!!  I missed a good one, I am sure. The pictures posted are fantastic. I am so glad all enjoyed themselves.

Thanks to all

Ben 

• Like 3

Dale, so sorry to hear of Sharon's accident, but glad to hear that she is on the mend. I did miss seeing you, and your models, and would loved to see the '41 Limited, and I thought that I had somehow missed you, due my own issues, and the day being cut short by the weather.

I hope that I can see you and your models, and your lovely wife sometime at another show.

Keith

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2016 at 6:01 AM, Jeff 1952 said:

Thank you to ALL the Buick Club members that put Allentown on their "must attend" list of 2016 car shows. 

I too, believe this was one of the finest events that I have ever had the privilege to be associated with and I can tell you the Book & Brashares Team are very grateful for all of your kind comments.

Jeff I wanted to offer my congrats along with others.  We traveled 3500+ miles round trip from Fort Worth, TX with the 1932 Buick in the trailer and had a great time.  Your willingness to take me to the trailer parking area in your SUV on Wednesday just indicated how helpful you were in the midst of trying to keep the event moving along. Dianne and I really appreciated your leadership skills especially at the BHA Banquet and the Awards Banquet.  You know how to move the evening along and stay on time.

Thanks for all your hard work and planning for the last four years and the success of the event in spite of the rain starting at 1:00 PM on Saturday.

See you in Wisconsin BCA 2017

Chuck

Copy of 32 Buick7-12-09 034.jpg 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jeff 1952

Buick Heritage Alliance Posters Available for purchase by BCA members:

We have a limited number of signed (by Guy Bennett and Nicola Bulgari) posters which remain from the BCA 50th in Allentown for sale for $60, including domestic shipping in a sturdy cardboard tube.

We also have a limited supply of unsigned posters for $30, including domestic shipping.

First come, first served. Please contact us about international orders.

If you are interested in either/or/both,  click this link:    BHAposter@performancepartsinc.com

Performance Parts, Inc.

13120 Lazy Glen Court

Herndon, VA  20171-2326

703 742-6207

Edited by Jeff 1952 (see edit history)