38Buick 80C

2016 Buick Club of America 50th Anniversary Event

These are great numbers, with still 4 months to go.  It's going to be a big show. Past registration trends tell me about half of all registrations arrive within the last 2 months before the event.  If that stays true, you can take these numbers and double them to estimate the final numbers. They just might hit their limit of 1,000 Buicks.  I hope so.

Want to ride a roller coaster before we get to the July Celebration??  Don't live near Dorney but want to go to Cedar Point or King's Island for a great cause?   Check this out!

https://Arthritis.CedarFair.com

cedarfair.jpgDear Friend, 

We have teamed up with Cedar Fair, Inc., for a very special awareness and fundraising campaign benefiting our mission to conquer and cure arthritis.Enjoy awesome summertime fun at amusement parks in Ohio and Pennsylvania, all while championing the fight against arthritis!

cpaf10.jpgFrom now through June 15, Cedar Fair is offering discount tickets to Cedar Point (Sandusky, OH), Kings Island (Cincinnati, OH) and Dorney Park (Allentown, PA), plus a donation to the Foundation for every ticket sold.

In addition, Cedar Fair will donate all proceeds from spare change collection boxes set throughout the park to the Foundation during JA Awareness Week, May 20th-29th. And, as if this isn't awesome enough, each park will host one JA family during that week and broadcast arthritis information and stories on TV monitors throughout all three parks during JA Awareness Week. 

These special discount tickets can only be purchased online at https://Arthritis.CedarFair.com and can be used from May 14 through June 15, 2016, after which they can be used by paying an additional surcharge at the gate. Purchase your tickets and help us conquer arthritis today!

Don't be selfish!

060807290342hb.jpgHelp others increase their summertime fun (and our fundraising and awareness initiative) by sharing this email with others. Anyone can buy these special discount tickets. So forward this email to your friends and neighbors...heck, even that grumpy guy you work with!

For more information, contact Maureen Kiley, Region Business Manager, Arthritis Foundation, at 614-503-5587 or mkiley@arthritis.org

I have registered for the show Saturday.  What is the physical address for the American Motor Complex were the show is being held on Saturday?  I need this for GPS.   When my we arrive with our registered Buicks on Saturday?  

The address listed on the mail wrapper is 808 Fenwick St., Allentown.  Hours the Registration will be open, I believe are also posted, or will be listed.  By the way, this is just over the request for volunteers on the wrapper.  (hint)

John

• Like 1

John,

Thank you for posting the address.  I can now look at the route.    I have pre-registered.  Basically need to know the time cars can assemble on the field Saturday morning when that time is established.    Thanks again,

Chris

Good Registration News to be shared with all of our members.  We have crossed the first Registration threshold with 1010 Registrants. 470 Beautiful Buick's and counting.

• Like 2

Ladies and Gentlemen:  The AACA Museum, for which we will be visiting during our 50th Anniversary Celebration, has kindly agreed to display BCA member cars during that week as a highlight and tribute to our event.    The display period is Monday, July 25 to Monday, August 1.

I have two cars so far:  A 1990 Reatta Select 60 and a 1977 Buick Regal 2 Door Colonnade.  

We have room for two more, if another/more  BCA member(s)  would like to be included in the display.

Please contact me:  Jeff1952@tts-us.com      if you would like to participate.

Thanks!

Question about the Buick Meet in Allentown ,,if iv already registered my 1973 Regal and im finding maybe it wont be ready  and road worthy to drive that far, Can i come and switch cars with my 1990 Regal its a little more reliable to drive that far. I hate not to take the 73 but had trouble this past thanksgiving  went to PA and the top radiator hose collapsed and got cut by the fan belt. Cant figure out why this happened.

Buick Regal GS,

I suggest you call the office for clarification, but, I believe, as long as you meet the deadline for changes (registration) and you tell them, they can make sure you get the correct parking area, as these cars are a twenty year differences and will be in different areas.  Naturally, the earlier the decision is made, the better it will be for those involved in parking arrangements.

John

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 6:34 PM, Jeff 1952 said:

Good Registration News to be shared with all of our members.  We have crossed the first Registration threshold with 1010 Registrants. 470 Beautiful Buick's and counting.

OK - can I register now for the meet and Saturday 'Beautiful Buicks' then add a Friday tour later? Trying to work out time off  - definitely want to do Saturday but not sure what I can do before then. (Sure don't want those 1000 spaces to fill up without me!) I do have hotel reservations - all set there.

Advice please??

:huh:

Yes, as long as the tour you want is not filled, that should be no issue. There are always folks looking to sell their tickets anyway if it does fill up.

• Like 1

Just a quick small addition to Bill's note, there is also a cut-off date of July 6.  Otherwise, you will have to look for someone selling tickets.  Personally, I am think these tours have so much interest and there may not be many tickets being swapped.

John 

• Like 1

This past Tuesday, May 3, Mike and Nancy Book; BCA President Brian Clark and I flew over to Allentown and spent the day with 50 or so folks who will be touching the 50th Anniversary Buick Celebration.  For many, it was our first face to face as we walked through each and every hour from our arrival for set up on Monday morning, July 25 until/through our departure on Sunday, July 31.  It is a daunting task to plan for so many from so far away!

First, we are now able to offer a baseball ticket opportunity for the Tuesday evening baseball game at Iron Pigs, across the street from the show field.

Buicks at the Ballpark • Tuesday, July 26th, 2016
C’mon out and enjoy America’s favorite past-time! The Lehigh Valley Iron
Pigs have invited the Buick Club of America to their baseball game on Tuesday
night, July 26. The Iron Pigs are a AAA level professional minor league team.
The game starts at 7:05 pm, and prior to the start of the game the BCA has
been invited to bring some Buicks representing various decades and models
to do a “parade lap” around the ball field. The first 100 people to sign up for
attending the game will receive a FREE ticket to the game. All signing up after
that would have a $10.00 per ticket cost, but with that ticket you receive $2.00
complimentary towards your food and beverages at the game!
Arriving early and looking for something to do??? What could be more fun
than getting together with Buick friends and having a ballpark hot dog,
peanuts and a beverage while watching a baseball game?? To sign up, contact
the Buick Club Office at 614-472-3939 or buickcluboffice@aol.com.

Second, we passed another milestone as we reached our 500th (actually 505) car registration. We are up to 1104 attendees; 655 at the BCA Banquet; 353 at the BHA Banquet; and 147 for our cruise in and picnic at Dorney.

There are many surprises that the 50th Anniversary Team has in store for you as you spend the last week of July,  celebrating the Spirit of Buick in Allentown, Pa.

• Like 4

Finally got registered...three more Buicks to add to the list and with 4.5 drivers it should be a reasonable three days. We are just taking in Dorney and the banquet formally. With five of us the tours get a bit out of control so we will do some exploring of the area on our own. I need to remember to talk to the family about the baseball game - the only challenge is that we plan to roll in Tuesday so may be a bit tired for that. Of course with the forum breakfast and a gathering of '29 owners and many other friends to see, I don't think I'll get bored...can't speak for the kids though. It's real now. 

• Like 1

I'll keep everyone updated on Registration and important updates as they develop. When we get towards the first of July, I will go over the "directions" that you will receive in the mail, so that your arrival and movement around Allentown, may be as carefree as practical as possible, for our National celebration.

As of last night:

1132   Registrants

512     Buick's

90     Outdoor vendor spaces

27     Indoor vendor spaces

665     BCA Banquet

359     BHA Banquet

147     Dorney Dinner

• Like 1

Jeff;

I am nearly certain that we will be coming in the '69 Electra, but I have the '56 Roadmaster registered. I want to put some more miles on the "new to me" Electra before we head out to Allentown, when would be the latest that I could, or should change my registered car?

Keith

Question regarding the ball game:

Is there an expectation that the BCA group will be sitting together as a group, or scattered around the park?  Personally, I'd rather sit as a group even if the seats are poorer as I think it would be an opportunity to socialize a bit.  That said, I haven't been to a pro ball game in about 25 years, so don't have a good grasp on what it would look like.  At least one of my children have been to the local minor league park, but I haven't made it there yet.

Thanks.

We are trying to wrap up Registration and close it, July 6. After that, you/your car will be assigned a field position by year, as your Celebration parking spot. Please make your change prior, if you so desire.

As to the baseball game, I believe the tickets are together in a group.

• Like 1

Thanks, Jeff, I will let you know before then. Also, I see some discussion about a baseball game, but there was nothing on the registration form I had about this? Where did I miss it, or was it added later?

Keith